Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2001 3:34:15 PM EDT
I know most of you don't know where these places are but thought you'd get a kick out of this anyway.  It will give ya some idea of how Alaskans view Anti's.....

DG84

A major US television network has a hit with the show "Survivor 2" this
winter.  In  Response, the state of Alaska is planning a show entitled
"Survivor, Alaska Style."

The contestants will start in Valdez, travel through Glenallen up to
Tok,
and over to Fairbanks and North Pole.  They will proceed down to
Talkeetna, on to Willow, then to Wasilla, Palmer and Anchorage.

From there, the final exciting leg will take them through Sterling, on
to
Soldotna, and, ultimately, to Kenai.

Each contestant will be driving a pink Volvo with a bumper sticker that
says "I'm gay, I voted for Al Gore, and I'm here to confiscate your
guns."

The first to make it to Kenai alive wins.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The Glenn hwy between Sutton and Tok is especially rife with redneckery.  I remember driving past a house that had a huge billboard saying "Niggers shot on sight".
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmm...Thanks for the warning, I'll be waiting [:D]  BTW, is the Gov going to participate??
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, let's see... Tony Knowles is rumored to be gay, anti-gun and a FOB (friend of Bill...which I suppose includes Algore)....Yeah!  I bet good old governor Tony participates! How come Alaska can't elect a patriot?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
well i think in survivor 3 the final challenge should be either have sex with a native dont get aids u win. or walk down the street with food taped to u, or wear a sign that is written in all the local languages "I hate niggers" if u live u win
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
How did Tony get elected here?  The republicans here put the rest of the GOP to shame.  He is liberal as the day is long, but has to hide it.  

The last election he won was against Lindauer, a sleazy liar who just managed to avoid jail time for the shenanigans he pulled while running for office.  He was disowned by the GOP and came in third behind a write in candidate.  Even Hillary could have won againt competition like him.

Before that, A city wide blackout on election day kept Anchorage (he was mayor at the time) from voting.  He ran hell bent for the bush and native vote and barely (?) won.

Every Republican who loses in the primarys stay in for the general election.  Yes, this about gaurantees a Demorat win, but that is the Alaska way.  The demorats are fairly united here, and vote as a block for guys like Ted Stevens the party hates.  The closed primary was declared unconstitutional, so he will have to be unseated by god and not by the voters, as he once put it.  He has an ironclad lock on office.

The good news is that Tony can never publicly call for gun control, as even the bush would disown him.  The better news is that he is reputedly planning a run against Senator-for-Life Ted Stevens.

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
[size=6]BBBHHHAAAWWW[/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think Knowles can really even be considered a Democrat anymore.  My mom's real involved with native issues, and a steadfast Liberal.  She hates Tony Knowles, feels betrayed by him because he doesn't support native issues (can't be specific, not interested in native alaskan politics).

Knowles is more like a moderate Republican.  The main thing about Knowles is that he's basically in the oil companies' hip pocket.  He fights for them, does everything to lower taxes on them, give incentives for them to continue drilling.  He knows who butters his bread.  The guy is a pro politican like slick willie, so he he serves the people with real power while paying lip service to Liberal idealism.

Knowles was Bush's frat brother at Yale, and Knowles' daughter is a party girl much like Jenna is, always getting busted for pot and underaged drinking.  He's a lot more like Bush than Clinton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top