Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2001 1:57:15 PM EDT
I had gone to the gun range the other day and saw a friend of mine there and he was showing me his new AR-15 it was nice it had a flash hider collapsible stock on it and everything. Well here is the bad thing the gun is a NEW gun as in just bought it from RRA about a week ago as in it is post-ban he said he was not worried about the ATF or anyone and no one at the range could tell it was post-ban. I think he's taking a risk even in my little town. Tell me what you think. I'm not turning his ass he's to good of a friend and he did his years in the Military so I give two shit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Hrm. You sure it was a postban with preban features? The AR15.COM LEGP rifle (and look-alikes) might fool you on first glance. It has a A2 flash hider fit over the end of the barrel so it just looks like there's one there, but its not functional. It also has the postban non-telescoping CAR stock. Was there a bayonet lug on his gun?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Look, if it was up to me I'd call the BATF right away and rat this guy out.  People that break these laws that prohibit flash hiders and collaspable stocks endanger the children, and we have to think for their future.  Besides, surrender your gun now and avoid the embarassment of confiscation.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
[IMG]http://www.jps.net/badzorak/MattCombat.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you think that if Thomas Jefferson were alive today he would dignify the AW ban by obeying it? I think not.

Your friend is in the right state of mind, he is not being irresponsible, he is being righteous by exercising his rights.

C'mon people, the government answers to us, the people, not the other way around. We are the ones to be feared, not the government.

Yeah, make all the prison rape jokes you want, but you are a coward if you dignify these frivolous laws that strip you of your rights. If you obey these laws, YOU are the one being raped.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that your friend Tayous?  I'd turn his ass in.  Anybody that has a nose so hooked you could fish with it deserves to rot in jail.  And look at his face... I can't tell whether to kiss it or kick a field goal.  Rubber Glock.  Tsk and his finger on the trigger.  such haphazard gun safety.  I bet he apologizing after sex too.  

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Radioman is right when he says the government answers to the people....
And the people have spoken. They don't like our AW's...Remember. We are a minority.

Seriously though?
I have a friend who has been pulled over twice with Teletsocks and a preban upper on his postban Oly...
The cop just asked him to see it, looked at it, and said "Gee, nice gun"

It's a fairly unenforcable law unless you live in a hard-core ungunfriendly state like CA or NJ or NY...
Then, they might take the time to check SN's...
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I know is Post-ban he showed me how to make the flash hider and thred the barrel and everything. He owns a Tool and Die shop.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no give your weapons now to save ammbarasment when they come for them.  Cause when they try it they will have to take em from my cold dead fingers.

If it comes to that I moving to Alaska.  They may have the same laws but there is no way in heck unless they nuke the state they gonna get any of there guns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with Garandman, but it's not worth it for me to risk it anyway. I have no need for a bayo lug or flash hider.

You wanna hear STUPID though??? One of my friends has a colapsable stock on a postban, and he keeps it AT THE POLICE STATION!!! (because he lives a fraternity house)

99% of cops are clueless about AWs. The only thing a cop said to him about it was "Hey, we havent seen one of these in a while!"
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Well this guy is a little crazy he made a silencer for his 50.cal rifle now it just sounds like a 12ga is going off when he shots it. He has also made his own 1911 frames and his next trick is hes going to make an AR-15 lower out of some kind of light weight metal I don't remember if its that Tit or that (If I spell it wrong sorry.) Scandium metal with his new CNC. I might want to pick up the AR-15 lower if he does.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
well i sure as hell wouldnt want to be near him if he got cought withc isnt likely any time soon well there is that damn project "screw u en technical violation errrr exile" coming up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top