Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2001 12:33:42 PM EDT
First the woman who drowns her 5 kids, now a little girl (18months) in Geneva is left alone in a bathroom while police keep her mom in custody for 30 days.  She lived 10 days by drinking water from the toilet, she was found by police when neighbors smelled something 30 days later.  
 Am I the only one crying cuz of the 10 days of h@ll this little innocent girl went through?  
   We need to protect the children cuz they cant protect themselves.
 Some people are too good for killin'.   Got me on a rant....
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
One can only hope there is a special place in heaven for the kids, and a special place in hell for the parent/abuser.  The world just seems to get stranger everyday.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, working for a school district, things like that no longer surprise me. We often have kids left behind for 2 hours only to have the parents show up drunk to take the kid home. Kids are abused both physically and mentally at home. We have parents that treat their pets better than the children. It's truly a sad world we live in.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
and i read one today of a 4 month old who was left in a fireplace...while it was burning!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I think all of this shit used to happen along time ago too, but no one said anything because the media wasn't as big as it is now.  The news covers EVERYTHING you can't get away from them.  So who knows, maybe this really isn't that new.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]Warning. A religious post follows.[/b]
Post from Lee -
One can only hope there is a special place in heaven for the kids, and a special place in hell for the parent/abuser.
View Quote

One of my favorite set of verses in the Bible is from the Gospel of John, Chapter 14, beginning in v. 1:
[red][b]Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[/b][/red]
View Quote

The setting is, of course, the Last Supper in the upper room at Jerusalem during the Passover.
Here was the 'rabbi of rabbis' speaking to men who were well-acquainted with Jewish hopes and beliefs concerning the afterlife that awaited the righteous dead, and comforting them with the
promise that 'if it were not so, I would have told you.'  In other words, if the next world was to be something less than what these men may have imagined, who else but Christ would have had the simple honesty to tell them other
that what they wanted to hear.

If that sort of simple honesty appeals to your soul, then you [b]know[/b] that these five children - Noah, John, Paul, Luke, and their little sister, Mary, are in Paradise this very Evening with their heavenly Father. [red][b]Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.[/b][/red]

On the other side, I cannot conceive that the Mother who did this to her own children was in her right mind.

It does not appear that there was a motive in this mayhem, no boyfriend, no insurance payoff,
no denials like Susan Smith and Darlie Routier, just a simple announcement to the police that 'I've drowned my children.'
[red][b]But whoso offends one of these little ones who believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.[/b][/red]Matthew, XVIII,v.6.
View Quote

Eric The([i][b]BaruchHaShem[/b][/i])Hun[>]:)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top