Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2001 10:49:10 AM EDT
I went and ordered something from somebody highly touted here on AR15.com (and another web site) as a excellent person to do busnisses with.

After insuring my major item was in stock and expecting delievery of the other minor item I sent a money order for the 2 items.

After he recievied the money order I recieved a e-mail from him stating he had a "run" on my major item that was in stock when I sent the money order. He was sold out of this item and awating his next order from the company.

Is it right for him to tell me the item is in stock and then when my money arrives the item is no longer in stock??

To me this looks (right or wrong) that he over sold a item and instead of wating for my money sold the item again to somebody else.

Now when he gets my money I'm stuck wating a couple of extra weeks for something that should have never been sold twice.

Am I way out of line in my thinking?????
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
My thinking:  Money talks.  Had you given him a credit card, you've secured the purchase and he should hold the merchandise for you.

On a "stocked" item, I don't believe a company should hold the merchandise for a pending MO.  Who knows for sure that the MO is even coming?

On a "special order", or "one of a kind" I believe a company should definitely hold the item for the buyer.  

That's my take.  It's the risk you run using money orders.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
well if there was no aggreement other than verbal somebody else could easily have shiped out and sold your item . even if the person who you talk to ment to  hold it for you..SH!T happens...just wait and see....its the risk of mail order.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Kool, my bust then. Should have asked his policy to clearify things.

Oh well, live and learn.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Kool, my bust then. Should have asked his policy to clearify things.

Oh well, live and learn.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Like Garry Owen said unless you had an agreement or if the item was specific opposed to an ordinary in stock item then its possible what you ordered sold out from the time you spoke with them to the time they received the money order.
At least they told you up front it sold out. They should have given you the option of cancelling your order and getting your money order back.
Someone who was truely unethical would string you along for months with lies. It shipped yesterday, It'll ship today, phony tracking numbers, ect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top