Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2001 6:52:26 AM EDT
I had a great idea.  We should invade Cuba, and make it our 51st state.  Then, the Cubans who are wanting to get to America will already be there!  [:D]

Maybe Mexico could be next!  hehehe

Okay, I'm done.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If you run for senator of cuba
I will vote for you. [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
You could probably get minimal support for East California.

Course, you'd probably be assassinated.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Northern California needs to break away from the liberal Southern California. Without us they wouldn't survive and without them we wouldn't have to put up with their stupid laws they pass down there, since they do have a majority of the voting population. We'd have to make the state line right above San Francisco, SF is a lost cause...

bkss67
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
All of Canada!!!!!!!!.......
......(except for Quebec.)
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#6]
we already have a 51st state called mexico....yikes
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember in the 1970s that Bella Abzug and her crew tried to mount a campaign in NooYawkCitty to make it the 51st state. Too bad they didn't succeed....would have saved the rest of America a lot of time, trouble and money.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Puerto Rico is the 51st state.  Ask any New Yorker.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Mexico? MEXICO?!? YOU WANT MEXICO!?!? Jeessus, I have been to Mexico, it is a giant latrine, and there is NOTHING there that you want. I wish we could blast the whole country into space.

I like the food, though.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember in the 1970s that Bella Abzug and her crew tried to mount a campaign in NooYawkCitty to make it the 51st state.
View Quote

I don't hold myself out to be much of a constitutional expert but isn't that very specifically outlawed in the U.S. Constitution?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Northern California needs to break away from the liberal Southern California. Without us they wouldn't survive and without them we wouldn't have to put up with their stupid laws they pass down there, since they do have a majority of the voting population. We'd have to make the state line right above San Francisco, SF is a lost cause...

bkss67
View Quote

Do you think you could slide that state line to include the East Bay Area?

Maybe we could trade the east bay for Marin County.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Northern California needs to break away from the liberal Southern California.
bkss67
View Quote

I know about 8 or 10 years ago, it was all the talk around the Redding surrounding area and even a few counties from NE Nevada.
TAC
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, when are you guys going to get it right? It's not a north/south issue, it's an east/west issue! :)

You need West and East California, with the border running along the coast, giving West California all the land on the coast up to 30 miles inland. The rest goes to East California. However, if you must have a north/south border, Southern California should include Marin County.

That's something I could live with. :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The only problem with not including the East Bay with our new North CA state is that
Oakland and the surrounding areas have an immense amount of guns, the way I see it is that if the SHTF the East Bay is sort of like our little storage arsenal. Only problem I see is with all those HomeBoy sights they have on the Tec DC 9's will take a little getting used to..........

bkss67
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I am willing to trade the North
all of Atlanta, GA,
Richmond VA,
the entire state of Mississippi,
and New Orleans LA,
in exchange for
Idaho,
Montana,
and Wyoming.
I'll add Alabama if you throw in Colorado sans Denver.

If interested, e-mail
[email protected] so we can begin the paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
What's the point?  Any new state would still be subject to unconstitutional Federal laws.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#19]
No matter which you choice we would still need a name for the new state. Hmmmmmm, how about calling it simply the "Gun" state.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

bkss67
View Quote

...maybe then I could move up north!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I think you can form a new state out of an existing state so long as the state legislature and congress approve.  U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top