Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2001 8:53:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
first let me start by Thanking Goat Boy for the great job that has been done on this site. Most of us here really enjoy this place and understand the issues involved in making a project like this come alive.

It doesn't surprise me to see people bitch and complain about this FREE service. Some of you pretty much suck for the lack of respect you give our WebMaster.  This is a huge project and requires many updates and crap to run smoothly.  

To all the complainers...Please forward me YOUR web address to YOUR free page on AR15's.  Im sure I can pick it apart and list a bunch of items you should be able to fix in 10 minutes.  I wish this site would crash for a few weeks to show you what you would be missing.  Is this place perfect? No, but pretty damn close.

Goatboy, Thank you for giving us another home...
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]
"Goatboy, Thank you for giving us another home..."

My thoughts exactly!

Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotta agree with Goatboy here.  If you want to rant, rave, whine, and moan about the problems with this site right now then why don't you go and work and support your family and make you own AR15 website and see if there is a limit to the number of things you can accomplish in one day.  Great job to everyone who put this site together and work on it constantly on their own free time.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto the above!
Chronic sniveler's beat feet---It's that easy!
Thanks for the site and all the work GoatBoy!
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]
[red][size=6]LONG LIVE GOATBOY![/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Why even dignify it with a response?
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Zero deficiencies, man.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Goatboy....
I understand your feelings toward Royce and his whining. He is a moron who has very little perspective on reality. The likes of him should never put in to question the appreciation the rest of us feel towards the work you do. We love this site. I'll go as far as saying that AR15.com is BY FAR the finest firearms discussion board on the net. Period. And we know that didn't happen by itself.

Keep up the good work, when your schedule permits. I'm very happy with this board right now, any future improvements are just a bonus.

You have the overwhelming support from the vast majority of us, don't forget that.

ROYCE, you're an unappreciative idiot.[img]smilecwm.tripod.com/net4/headshot.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 2/13/2001 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#10]
first let me say thanks to Goatboy for this site.
Having been a member of the old board for about 2 years now I cant count how many times the site went down or was plain slow. this site which is supposed to have so many problems in the eyes of others ALWAYS works for me and the font size doesnt bother me, besides you can change it in you profile. I have mixed feelings on the logon thing and would like the 80 char pic and 4000 char post limit changed but what REALLY matters is this site works!! traffic is picking up and alot of the old members have found us. the trolls are as bad cause they are too lazy to find us. I may not be logged in but I am around this board at least 1/2 times an hour. Goatboy, no matter what you do there are gonna be little babies, and you know who you are, complain, whine, moan, I have put up with them also.

[b] to those that dont like this place, GET THE HELL OUT!!!![/b][-!-]
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#11]
GOATBOY,

Let me be the first to say, you handled that better then I would of!  

Most people HAVE NO IDEA, what it takes to run a web site, WITH LIMITED TIME.  This is not a McDonalds or Buger King, were you can ORDER what you want and expect right now.

If Royce is true, to his word and does what he says for a living.  HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS to fix AR15.COM's problems.  Have 4 close friends of mine who are either Systen Admin's and/or Programmers 24/7 at their companies, hell 2 of them have even bedrooms setup their.  I had a hell of a time trying to get these guys to go DEEPSEA fishing on my BOAT for crying out loud.

I believe that Ed Jr. & GOATBOY are doing a phenominal job.  When you are doing code and your doing it for a living and such there are many LONG HOURS in it and when you get home you do not want to even see a computer screen or keyboard.

So, Royce, if you get my meaning above, then you might understand why I have a harder time believing what you told GOATBOY what you do for a living. CAPEEISH!!!

Just my .02

DavidT / DTHOR
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I need help solving my issues.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Goatboy is doing an awesome job. Can't beat the price.  Consider this a virtual pat on the back. "Free is better than cheap."
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#15]
GOATBOY & ED:

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK AND EFFORTS.  Most of us appreciate your time and results.

Those who do not appreciate you two:  should fund, start up and administer a web site to their choosing.

greg leaf
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#16]
GoatBoy, Ed, whoever you guys are, thanks for everything.  This is an amazing place -- it's my reality check in the face of stupidity.  It's my bridge over troubled waters.  It is my "virtual pub."

For better or for worse...

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Goat, you and this board are sincerely appreciated in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
GOATBOY...YOU DA MAN!    
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#19]
You've done a fine job.For those giving you crap,Hey this is a free site.If you can do better have a go at it.
If you want GoatBoy to devote full time to this you better get ready to pay for access to this site.How would you like that?
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top