Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2005 7:53:53 PM EDT
I just watched the movie with Denzel Washington.  It almost sounds like something a democrat woudl pull.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just watched the movie with Denzel Washington.  It almost sounds like something a democrat woudl pull.

Any thoughts?

Yes. You should have seen the Original, instead of that 'Evil Corporate America' POS.
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The original was directed by Frank Sinatra
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The original was directed by Frank Sinatra

The 1962 version was directed by John Frankenheimer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've noticed that all his movies are basically the same.  Someone has done something wrong to him, and he must seek revenge/justice.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've noticed that all his movies are basically the same.  Someone has done something wrong to him, and he must seek revenge/justice.

He'll win another Oscar.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]
"Tin foil hats on "

John Kerry is the real  Manchurian Candidate!!

After he came home from meeting the VC & NVA leaders in Paris He turned from a Ramming his swift boat on shore/ Chasing down & Killing VC soldiers Hawk to a The NVA & VC are good/ USA is bad Dove Overnight!  
WHO Knows

"Tin foil hats off "
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Just finished watching it last night... took a few days... couldn't get into it.

It was an ok movie... some weird imagery. For some reason it reminded me of Jacob's Ladder. It was an ok movie, but the ending was weak. I couldn't tell if the people that kept him alive were part of Manchurian Global or a rival corporation and that this was the movie's way of saing that the world is actually just some sort of chess board for two warring corporations or something to that effect.

I got the impression, by all the hints of how Manchurian Global had it's hands in nearly everything that they were supposed to be like Free Masons...

Either way Meryl Streep's character reminded me of Hillary Clinton... and the son was representative of Hillary's toolbag husband who fucked up her plans by being a complete asshat... so now the sequel will be Hillary having to get into the White House on her own merit... or something.

Oh yeah... the movie. It was ok. Never saw the original and after seeing this one I really don't have any more motiviation to see it. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again and I'm glad I waited til it came out on DVD... otherwise I would have had to pay for three tickets to see the whole thing through since it put me and my wife to sleep each time we watched it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought the movie sucked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top