Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2001 12:30:44 PM EDT
I realize that Kalifornia is our resident 'Nazi' state, but what about the federal law on 'assault weapons'.  If I am correct, there is no stipulation on whether a rifle has a forward pistol grip.  Right?  Now, on pistols, it DOES mention it.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Ü
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I think so, but am not sure.  Just give the ATF the finger and get it anyway.
Ice
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can have a forward pistol grip on your AR, your Garand, or even your PSS if you want to. The ATF views this as just another means to hold the rifle with your support hand, just as if you were gripping the fore-arm. This year, at least...
It is illegal on a pistol, unless it is a machine pistol/smg (MP5K, etc.) or an AOW (semi-auto SP89 w/K-grip).
I don't know about the Kalifornia thing... I used to have a Knight's grip on my AR when I lived there a few years ago... Was told by an LA county sherrif's deputy what I just told you. 'Course, that was just before SB23 took effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top