Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 9:41:35 PM EDT
Anybody know if Bomar Combat Adjustable sight will fit the slide cut for Kimber adjustable rear sight? I like everything about my Kimber Custom target pistol except the adjustable rear sight which seems a little too delicate for my use.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, they look the same but I've never measured one to see if the sights are the same.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I beleive that the Kimber and Bomar cuts are the same. There is a mechanical drawing in the back of my Custom Target manuel that gives all of the dimensions. I know LPA and Smith Enterprises use the same dimensions as Bomar on their adj. sights. Who makes the Kimber adj. sights anyway? I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
yobo

I believe that Bomar now makes an adj. sight specifically for the Kimber slide cut.
Check Brownell's.

I've read several reports of the Kimber rear sight blade breaking. Mine has been no trouble, though.

Rgards,
Sharps
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Phil:

My rear sight's windage screw broke off during my last practice session.  I contacted Kimber today and they said they will replace the sight free of charge so I sent the slide out to Kimber.  Also, they said they have recently changed their rear sight to a more durable design.  Why don't you contact Kimber too and have them replace the sight?

I'll let you know if the new sight is any better.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top