Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2001 8:15:59 PM EDT
Sorry guys.  Don't want to start another this vs. that round of threads.  But....

The average price of a casket seems to be about 3 grand for a run of the mill box.  A very nice gun safe runs about the same.

I am thinking of being buried in my gun safe and saving the money.  The only problem is my safe is rated at 1620 degrees for 45 minutes.  I think I need a longer time period.  

What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it'll be hotter than 1620 degrees where I'm going.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
But if you own a gun, God loves and forgives you and you won't need the fire protection when you die . . .
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Your frugality will be inherited by your
eldest male offspring.
He in turn will sell your
body to science for $800.00.
Upon receipt of the cash,
he will then buy a new gun to put
in his $3000.00
gun safe.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am thinking of being buried in my gun safe and saving the money.  The only problem is my safe is rated at 1620 degrees for 45 minutes.  I think I need a longer time period.  

What do y'all think?
View Quote

Think they will run a 110v cord out to your grave to run your Goldenrod with ?? [0:)]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm leaving instructions for my son, that when my time comes not to spend a dime on "arrangements" just role me out of the car into a ditch on a country road someplace. Then (and only then) will I let the government "take care of me".
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
My father-in-law has requested a "ham-bone burial".....Stick a ham bone up his butt, put him at the curb and let the dogs drag him away.

Told him we may not wait until he dies......
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Leadfly, if you're going to be buried in your safe, you'd better have some [b]strong[/b] friends to act as pallbearers!
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Think I'll join of those cryostasis programs, then I'll be back to moderate and edit your grandchildrens kids [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#10]
leadfly

US
68 Posts
Posted - 06/20/2001 :  00:15:59            

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys. Don't want to start another this vs. that round of threads. But....

The average price of a casket seems to be about 3 grand for a run of the mill box. A very nice gun safe runs about the same.

I am thinking of being buried in my gun safe and saving the money. The only problem is my safe is rated at 1620 degrees for 45 minutes. I think I need a longer time period.

What do y'all think?
View Quote

ROTFLAMAO!!!!!!

I'll probably see you there!
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry guys.  Don't want to start another this vs. that round of threads.  But....

The average price of a casket seems to be about 3 grand for a run of the mill box.  A very nice gun safe runs about the same.

What do y'all think?
View Quote

The heat rating is irrelavant anyway.  Ol' Scratch can just borrow a Plasma Cutter from BATF's JackBoot Thug Dept.!
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
By the way, that last post was intended to be humorous.  Any satanists, BATF members, or thugs (jackbooted and plain varieties) should [b]NOT[b/] - I repeat, [b]NOT[b/] take it seriously.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
im just gonana go with one of those styrafoam coolers u c at the grocery store
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm leaving instructions for my son, that when my time comes not to spend a dime on "arrangements" just role me out of the car into a ditch on a country road someplace. Then (and only then) will I let the government "take care of me".
View Quote

I LIKE IT! I don't have any religious beliefs really, and don't think I'm worth taking up valuable real estate when I'm friggin dead so this method of diposal would suit me just fine. Give a F#ck off to the man one last time. They have to do an autopsy for something like that make em waste even more dough, and countless man hours they'd launch a police investigation after it was noted that body was found with two ammo cans full of stripper clipped .223, and another two ammo cans full of trojan magnums (with pleasure dots) just to make em wonder.
Could probably posthumously-f3ck the whole system for 200 grand or so.[xx(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top