Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 4:33:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't got it yet, but Ill have it soon. From what Ive seen of it, it looks pretty bad ass. Now just to decide what I want to do. Maybe a tail gunner in a B-52, maybe the guy manning the 1919A4. Ill have to check it out more when I get it to see what all the options are. I think it will turn out to be a great game.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
i've heard that you have to pay $10/month to play on the server. is this true??
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No, actually I think it is $9.99/month. Thats the way it is with all of the good role playing games.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I've got it.  Had it since the 3rd day of it's release.

It looks like it's gonna be promising if the team can deliver what they promise, or even 90% of what they promise.

The first few days were quite a pain in the ass as frame rates would unexpectedly drop from 38-40fps to something insane like 3-4 during the most inopportune moments, when you're flying a plane and getting ready for a low level straffing run this is BLACK DEATH and you're toast before you know what's happened to you.   Their latest patch has helped increase frame rates though and I have yet to try flying again to see if it's a safer profession for the game player.

The game takes a long time to load too, when you click to play online it takes about 5 minutes to load with my PIII 866 machine and it's 133mhz 128Megs of RAM.

It's a bit hectic trying to find a good battle, I've seen only two good battles where everybody hopped into the game and headed out for a city to blow the hell out of it and that was quite a site to behold.   Right now everybody is just grabbing a tank and shooting eachother up in tank battles, there is a French tank that is so heavily armoured that the Axis tanks have little hope against it because they are more thinly armoured.

I play it about once a week right now just to keep tabs on it's progress, as things get ironed out I'll likely start playing it more.   It's free play right now until they get it running smoothly so the monthly fee is not in effect quite yet and the 30day trial period has been pushed back as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
id love to get it but i wont
2 reasons my comp is crap p2 233

and once ive bought the software i dont like to pay to play
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top