Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2001 3:39:21 PM EDT
Hey guys!  It looks as though I will be getting a yamaha TT250 dirtbike and I was wondering if anyone else has one.  If so, what are your feelings about it?  Pros and cons.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Just let me state up front that in general I love Yamaha dirt machines. The TTR250 is a good trail riding bike. I don't know your skill level or how hard you are going to push it, you may notice that it has the power to get the job done but is not a racer. all in all a fun and dependable machine. I had to leave my Yamaha roots this year and go for one of the baddest 4 strokes around an Honda XR650R. Now that machine rips.......
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I never rode a new TT250, but I worked at a Yamaha dealership in the mid 80's when the TT600 first came out.  A little on the heavy side, but that damn thing had so much low end torque you could wheelie it through all the gears at about 2,000 RPM.  I am sure the new ones are much lighter and quite a bit better than the 80's version.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
just got myself one of those suzuki drz400s. that things rips on/offroad. has the frame geometry of my Rm250 except being a 4 stroke it kinda hits like a pussy. got the thing brand new 2 months ago and put only 140 miles on it. got it up for sale now. decided i need a car instead of a bike. the old work truck is dying.
-jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top