Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 3:19:00 PM EDT
In the local paper there was an article about a guy that went fishing near Fort Riley. Ks. He found a .50 caliber machinegun laying on the ground. He turned it into the sheriffs dept. (which is what I would have donehe
Anyone want to go fishin' up by Riley?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never had a good experience by mixing firearms and watercraft.

And...

Dupey dupe-a-dupe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Super dupe, I still love that story
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a dupe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, yeah.

It's a dupe.

Still, it's nice to daydream about how I would handle walking up and finding such lost items...  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oh, yeah.

It's a dupe.

Still, it's nice to daydream about how I would handle walking up and finding such lost items...  

It's considered non-dupage if there's no link.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Story can be found here:
http://wtop.com/index.php?sid=376866&nid=104

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=2750204

FORT RILEY, Kan. (AP) - Five military machine guns found two weeks ago near a lake near Fort Riley were part of a group of weapons that were supposed to have been disposed of, investigators said.

The machine guns _ an M-240, a 5.56 millimeter and three Browning .50-caliber weapons _ were found near Milford Lake, prompting residents' concerns.

Investigators from Fort Riley's Criminal Investigation Division said the machine guns were not stolen and had been properly removed from a Fort Riley unit's arms room.

The CID said it was investigating how the weapons ended up near the lake and why they were not given to the Directorate of Logistics, the agency responsible for proper disposal.

The investigators said the guns were not serviceable. Jeff Coverdale, a Fort Riley representative, said the CID did not explain how the guns were not serviceable, but it could mean that they were old or damaged.

(Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sin_Bin

You're the team member with the search functions available.

You find the link.

I just know it has already been posted at least once. Not that I'm complaining. Just thought I'd jump on the dupe-IBTL-get both-+1 bandwagon for a change.

One of us should welcome the new guy.
You do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sin_Bin

You're the team member with the search functions available.

You find the link.

No way!  I'm a lazy bastard!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My brother lives in Riley, KS.  He served at Ft Riley in the army. Perhaps I shall give hima a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top