Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 1:49:34 PM EDT
I didn't even post on that thread...
But it was a reasonable, heated-yet-civil, interesting debate.
Why in gods name did you lock that?

Is it because Kupier is from the Netherlands, and locked the previous "Europeans" topic"?

God man. What a loss.
That was a REALLY good thread.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Growingcrass, what the Hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It's spelled KUIPER G.G.

Both threads had ran their course by a mile long. I did the one and (correct me if I am wrong GarandMan) the other was the same.

Both had good discussion on them, but ended up as a rehash of the same arguments over and over again.

Garandman, if I am speaking before my turn feel free to elaborate further.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, Kuiper and I were having a pleasant off-board discussion solving the world's problems, and figuring out the causes and effects of WW2.

If you read the post JUST one or two before mine in that thread, you'll see what I interpreted as a rather unkind bash of one of our foreign members. A personal, belittling remark.

If you feel the need to resurrect the topic, open a new thread yourself.

But like you've done in this thread, the more you talk, the more you show people what you DON'T KNOW.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Both had good discussion on them, but ended up as a rehash of the same arguments over and over again.

Kuiper
View Quote

Kuuper, this isn't a damn concentration camp.
It's an internet BBS.
It was built for "discussion"
It's sole purpose is "discussion"
If people want to discuss something,
WHY IN GODS NAME WON"T YOU LET THEM!!
SO WHAT if it has been discussed before...
They are the members that make up AR15.com, and if they want to discuss it, why stop them from doing so??
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah Garandman...
You better have deleted that...
You are beginning to STRONGLY resemble a since-gone moderator with your "I am God" comments....
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I am so wounded by your comments.

Does this mean I'm off your Christmas card list???
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
G.G. for unmoderated posting may I refer you to Mcuzi.com

But somehow I get the feeling you've been there before.

Your arguments are as old as this board is. Every thread closed by a moderator is either based on board conduct or a judgement call. In my case I closed the thread based on a judgement call. If it was personal, I would have closed it after the first post. But if a thread on Europe riles me or not doesnt matter, as a Dutchman I am a minority here and as such accept the fact that some discussions might or might not affect me on a personal basis.

If moderating this forum becomes personal I'll be the first to mail Goatboy to take me off the job.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am so wounded by your comments.

Does this mean I'm off your Christmas card list???
View Quote

No, i'll still send you a card..
But instead of saying "Merry Christmas"
it will say
"Greetings from Growing Grass to a bastard coward"

Soooooo funny you deleted that before the majority saw it....

You are a joke.

Delete this thread too.
I've said what I have to say to your lame ass.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Hard to believe, a group that puts so much emphasis on the 2nd ammendment has so little respect for the 1st. We are not allowed to "rehash any arguments". That would leave little room for discussion as 99.9% of topics have already been "hashed". LOL

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, I'm the guilty party here.

I have the utmost respect for Kuiper, and have since coming to the "old" board back in early '99.  He is welcome at my home anytime, and I certainly never intended any offense to him.

Tuukka's generalizations about the USA pissed me off, so I tossed a little sarcasm back his way.  The thread got locked due to my smart mouth.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Bud.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
No shit Bobby Vincent.
Good point.

I expect every "Blank vs. Blank" topic..
"Is Wolf ammo any good"
"What does BTT Mean"
"Which AR should I buy"
and every other topic that has ever been discussed at legnth locked, according to your own standards.

I guess you don't get that it taked discussion to get at the truth.
You are saying that we can only discuss something once, or it will be locked???

GOD this sucks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
First, GrowingGrass, just to let you know, you're acting like a troll. I'm not accusing you of being one, but letting you know that you're acting like one.

Second, or should I have made this first? You have no 1st Amendmant rights on a privately owned board. [:D]
View Quote

Screw you you ass-kisser...There is always going to be the butt-lickers amongst us who will bow down to whatever the mods do to keep in thier favor,,,you are one of them.

I am not a troll.
I am speaking my mind...and if that goes against the grain...BOOOO HOOOOO!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bobby Vincent:
Hard to believe, a group that puts so much emphasis on the 2nd ammenment has so little respect for the 1st. We are not allowed to "rehash any arguments". That would leave little room for discussion as 99.9% of topics have already been "hashed". LOL

View Quote

Newsflash, Bobby-

the 1st Amendment does NOT exist in here.

The owners wishes and whims as to site content control.

Actually, its a little sad that you don't understand that the First Amendment was aimed SOLELY at gov'ts ability to limit free speeech.

Here's the text of teh First Amendment -

[i]"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "[/i]

Nowhere does the First Amendment say that you are allowed to say whatever you want on PRIVATE PROPERTY, such as this site.

Learn it, know it, live it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Garandman, the point Bobby was making (I assume) is that your logic is flawed.
You said you locked it because we've "Been there, done that"...

But 99% of the threads on this board are old news...

It makes no sense
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
garandman

Learn it, know it, live it.
View Quote

[i]Brad to Jeff Spucoli and his friends when they went to All American Burger without their shirts on.  Fast Times at Ridgemont High[/i]

Just trying to lighten things up around here...

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Garandman, the point Bobby was making (I assume) is that your logic is flawed.
You said you locked it because we've "Been there, done that"...

But 99% of the threads on this board are old news...

It makes no sense
View Quote

Not like I owe you a personal explanation beyond what I gave in teh thread, but...

here's why I locked the thread -

1. read Rule #4 in teh Code of Conduct. It has Goatboys blessing.
2. The thread had become a pissing contest. This type of discourse is discouraged by the Avilas.
3. Near the end of the thread, as Bud has graciously acknowledged, there was a high, hard fastball thrown at another poster. THAT is why teh thread was locked.
4. The rehashing of arguments played a VERY small part. MORE TO THE POINT, THTA PARTICULAR discussion was going nowhere good, and would be of no further benefit to teh AR community. Thread locked. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top