Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 7:45:50 AM EDT
Last May some ignorant bitch made a left turn in front of me while I was on my bike.  I tried to go around, but my wheel caught her rear bumper, slamming me into the side of her truck before I went down.  I was lucky in that nothing was broken and a nosebleed that wouldn't stop as the windshield caught me good as I went over it.  Took the bike home and pondered what to do, for all of 2 seconds.  I was going to fix the bike.  And I did.  Insurance paid up and I fixed it.  Took it to my office building and worked on it inside during lunch and after hours and a couple of weekend days.
Here are some pictures during the rebuild.  I'll dig up the damage pictures and post them later for a comparison.  The photo hosting is Ofoto.  Just click the link, then click the 'View Photos' button.
Photo album
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Crashing SUCKS! Glad ya got through it. We know how these can, and often do, turn out.

BTW nice bike!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The bike looks great!  I'm glad you're ok!  Ride safe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top