Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 7:05:01 AM EDT
I'd like to try team speak with Battlefield Vietnam. I have a headset and the software. Now what? How do you do it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I play COD: UO and I am in a clan.   We have 4 servers and 1 team speak server.  

Just enter the IP into the address bar and sign on.  You just have to find a public Team Speak

server.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a start. Do I have to have team speak running before I launch the game? How do you determine if the game is using team speak?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I play COD: UO and I am in a clan.   We have 4 servers and 1 team speak server.  

Just enter the IP into the address bar and sign on.  You just have to find a public Team Speak

server.

Hope this helps

What clan you in?  

I'm in the 517th PRCT clan and pretty much stick to our UO server.  We use Ventrilo, which works pretty well.   I'm new to the clan, and have only participated in one match, but we stomped the crap out of the challenging clan on the Sicily map.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, you start TS, minimize then start the game.

First you will need to find a server that you like and find out if they have a public TS channel.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's a start. Do I have to have team speak running before I launch the game? How do you determine if the game is using team speak?
Thanks

I think you'd have to find a server that the game server's clan or host is running for Team Speak, and connect to it before you get in the game.

Basically, you connect to a Team Speak server, and you can interact with people on that server, but it is independant from the game itself, so if you don't connect to the right TeamSpeak server, you won't be talking to people in the game you're in.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#6]
COD UO HERE TOO, TAO CLAN WE RUN AWE MOD ON UIR SERVERS.

TAOCLAN.NET
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to Hijack.
Matthew_Q, you in the 517th PRCT?  I'm in the 11th_AB. I just started also.
Cool
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I am in the Silent Warriors www.silentwarriors.us/

.:SW:.Saint

Yea we have 3 public servers and 2 match servers.  Plus 1 TS.

We compete on the TWL ladder.

Drop by some time
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Drop by some time

I'll have to.    What game types do you run?  

We have two servers right now, one is the main public server running Domination.  Our second we're using for clan practices and matches, and we usually do Domination.  I'm going to try to angle toward getting Base Assault thrown in there.  It is a great objective based game type.  

Also, I'd love to get a pistol only server going just for giggles.  Use some of the older smaller maps like Chateau.  Grenades and tripwires and stuff like that.  

Oh yeah, and I'm [517th]Fray Adjacent in the game.  I'll be the one PWN1NG you!  :P
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey, you guys get a room! :)

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey, you guys get a room! :)

We'd rather hijack yours.  

You should get Call of Duty man... the United Offensive expansion made it into what BF1942 TRIED to be (but no aircraft, tho).  Very fun game.  Much better flow and first person action than both Battlefield games.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Call of duty you say> I'll look into it. Sounds cool.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Call of duty you say> I'll look into it. Sounds cool.

It kicks ass.  WWII, but it has the iron sights.  UO added a few more weapons and a few game types, and also tanks and jeeps that you can use.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop by some time

I'll have to.    What game types do you run?  

We have two servers right now, one is the main public server running Domination.  Our second we're using for clan practices and matches, and we usually do Domination.  I'm going to try to angle toward getting Base Assault thrown in there.  It is a great objective based game type.  

Also, I'd love to get a pistol only server going just for giggles.  Use some of the older smaller maps like Chateau.  Grenades and tripwires and stuff like that.  

Oh yeah, and I'm [517th]Fray Adjacent in the game.  I'll be the one PWN1NG you!  :P

On server one we have TDM with realism.  I love it.  Red-dot instead of crosshairs.  Just for fun.  The rest are all TDM too, I would like to get another game type on another server.  I will just have to keep whinning

Oh.  And sorry for the hi-jack.  But I did try to answer your question
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#15]

BFV CLAN       www.3rdinfantry.us      

we use a high codec ventrilo server, way way better sounding then team speak.
simple to setup a server at home to just talk to your buddies also.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

On server one we have TDM with realism.  I love it.  Red-dot instead of crosshairs.  Just for fun.  The rest are all TDM too, I would like to get another game type on another server.  I will just have to keep whinning

Oh.  And sorry for the hi-jack.  But I did try to answer your question

I love realism servers.  We run a good version of it, with a custom mod that one of our guys put together from several other mods.  Trip wires, remote detonated satchel charges...  

But we run without crosshairs.  I don't like them or use them anyway.  Damn guns got sights on them, so that's what they are there for!!  

Sometimes I get on the DirtySouth TDM server just to get some killin on, and I usually like that.  However, I find that objective based games are very fun with good teammates... but I don't do the short round based ones (where you die and you're out until next round... I hate waiting!)

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Matthew_Q  what is the name of your public Domination server.  So I can find it.  Sounds fun
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#18]
As SavageSlackie stated, I think Ventrilo is a lot better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Matthew_Q  what is the name of your public Domination server.  So I can find it.  Sounds fun

Uhh... I know it has [517th] in the title.  I think something like [517th PRCT] tactical realism Domination.  

I just go to my favorites and click in... I never really notice what the server is tagged as!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
www.3rdinfantry.us   BFV clan

we use a high codec ventrilo server, way way better sounding then team speak.
simple to setup a server at home to just talk to your buddies also.

check it out.

I'm a BFV addict.  Can I join your clan?  Can anyone with a mic join?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#21]
we are looking for members right now.  go to the forums on that site and fill out an application to join.  you'll be a recruit for 1 week to see how you interact with everyone and then be part of the clan after that.   There are a few stipulations that you have to meet to join.. they are posted on the first page of the website.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#22]

How often do you guys play?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top