Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 6:32:29 AM EDT
It seems that all the talk lately is the dangers of the public owning the  FiVe-sEvIn  handgun by FN.  The thought is that the FN gun is the new cop killer with its ability to fire a projectile capable of defeating body armor.    
 My understanding of this is, that the public only has legal access to the "training" rounds in 5.7x28.
What about the CZ-52?  I understand that the 7.62x25 bullet works excellent at defeating body armor.  
Well you don't hear much about it being a threat to the LEO community.
 With some criminals wearing body armor, what would be your choice between the two for anti-armor duty?
I realise that niether is much good for the job. A rifle would definently be much more favored for this.  However that's not the question.   I would like to pick up a CZ-52 one of these days. To add to the tool box.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It seems that all the talk lately is the dangers of the public owning the  FiVe-sEvIn  handgun by FN.  The thought is that the FN gun is the new cop killer with its ability to fire a projectile capable of defeating body armor.    
 My understanding of this is, that the public only has legal access to the "training" rounds in 5.7x28.
What about the CZ-52?  I understand that the 7.62x25 bullet works excellent at defeating body armor.  
Well you don't hear much about it being a threat to the LEO community.
 With some criminals wearing body armor, what would be your choice between the two for anti-armor duty?
I realise that niether is much good for the job. A rifle would definently be much more favored for this.  However that's not the question.   I would like to pick up a CZ-52 one of these days. To add to the tool box.

Shh.... don't let the media find out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would like to pick up a CZ-52 one of these days. To add to the tool box.

I picked up an excellent condition CZ52 from AIM Surplus a few weeks ago. This thing is GORGEOUS. Perfect condition. I mean, it really is very pretty. I think I may buy another. It's inexpensive and purty.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
The poor man's FN 5.7 ====> Reload the 7.62x25 with .308 sabots holding .224 projectiles.  IIRC, the 55gn FMJ develop about 2200 fps at the muzzle of a CZ52.  

I'll do a bit of searching and post some links to the info...

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The poor man's FN 5.7 ====> Reload the 7.62x25 with .308 sabots holding .224 projectiles.  IIRC, the 55gn FMJ develop about 2200 fps at the muzzle of a CZ52.  

www.makarov.com/graphics/cz52/sabotstep02.jpg

damn, now I need to get one
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quality Cartridge sells the Timbs round pictured above

Sabot 223 round at Approx. 2000 FPS

Iritei
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the twist rate on the CZ52?  IMHO, you need at least 1:12 for that 55 grain bullet, 1:14 for a 45 grain.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.makarov.com/graphics/cz52/sabotstep02.jpg

That makes me want to get one too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top