Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 4:13:46 AM EDT
anybody use?
Anybody here sell it?
Junk?  Good? Great?

did not see it at all in EE
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. Accurate, ergonomic, handi, reliable, cheap to shoot and fun. Simple to break down and clean, easy to accessorize, what's not to love?

I'm finding I shoot it more than anything else in my collection.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
gertting sick of buying AR's

BWAHAHAAAHHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

...anyway, would something eles in the collection that is evil looking.

any dealers here selll em?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#3]
swing, what caliber?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
9mm.

I just bought it for fun and games, so I picked the highest capacity/cheapest caliber. It's amazingly accurate tho. I can bust clays all day at 100 yards with it. Not shabby.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought one a few weeks ago and it's awsome.  The was sights were almost dead on right out of the box and it's a blast to shoot. It's light, accurate, simple to take apart, and the ammo is cheap to buy(compared to buying .223 all the time).
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#6]
cool- tink i will look at the 9mm- so wife/daughter/son can shoot it-not that 40 is much heavier

anybody here sell em?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup got one in 9 as well.  Have about 7500 rounds through it.
I love the damn thing.  Was looking for a good home defense weapon
and bought this.  The felt recoil is more noticeable than say
a MP5 or clone but I can live with it.  When I bought mine they
had just come out so I paid top dollar for mine around 600 but
I have heard that some have seen them at fun shows for around 450 or so.
The trigger pull is long but once you get use to it your good to go.
Pick yourself up a $100 red dot and your done.  Cleaning is VERY
easy.  I have never had one problem from it ever.  Its one of those
toys that just like my DPMS AR .22's that people see it and go
oh whatever ...... Then they shoot it and go MAN I GOT TO HAVE ONE.
Its pretty funny really.  One thing I really like to do is run Wallymart
147 grains threw it.  Makes it so silant its not even funny.  Get one
or find someone that has one and go shoot it.  If you like it get one.

wolf
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the trigger is pretty heavy and distracting.  I had mine worked on and it's much, much nicer now.  I don't even shoot it anymore and I've put up a for sale ad, but I got little response except for a couple guys who wanted to steal offered $200 or more less than my asking price.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
somethings i don't like.

all plastic fire control parts. may never be an issue but i can see the hammer breaking or wearing down against the plastic catch.

sight suck major ass

the 9mm seems to have problem with retaining aftermarket mag. i got 3 <differnt vendors> all fall out of the grip on firing. <factory mags are fine>

i gave 400.00 with the custom case and extra mags. Decent little gun but i don't think it's worth much more than that. this should have been a 300.00 carbine.

The plastic hammer, if you look at how it engages, should never be a problem. I've got over 5,000 rounds through mine and it doesn't even looked marred.

The sights are kinda weak, but they do flip down which if you add the top rail makes even a $29 red dot the perfect alternative to them. I have one of those Bushnell multi-reticles on mine, and it's a wicked eotech clone.

As for the mag dropping issue, that's been a known issue and there's a simple fix:
www.berettaforum.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000325
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a 9mm. It's a great piece!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I have absolutely no experience with them other than seeing them on a wall or in pictures.

Fugly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I have been considering getting one for a while.  Great info here.
I like tha fact that you can buy additional spacers to lengthen the stock if you need to - like I do.

Is there 2 different versions of the 9mm? 1 that takes 92 mags and 1 that takes Cougar mags? The gun shop i got says no but I think I see that on the web site.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Love mine, even with the cheap red-dot (sufficient IMHO for a pistol-caliber plinker):

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think the trigger is pretty heavy and distracting.  I had mine worked on and it's much, much nicer now.  I don't even shoot it anymore and I've put up a for sale ad, but I got little response except for a couple guys who wanted to steal offered $200 or more less than my asking price.

I have zero experience with them, but I've heard the trigger comment before.  How much did the trigger job cost?  

It looks like it would be a fun SBR project or SBR/suppressor project.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#16]
The trigger job was about $75 plus another $20 or so to ship the gun.  To me it's well worth it as I was really turned off by the heavy pull.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#17]
QUICK!  TO THE BATGUN!

lol man i've gotten so much mileage outta this.  it is my legacy and lasting contribution to arfcom, such as it is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
QUICK!  TO THE BATGUN!

lol man i've gotten so much mileage outta this.  it is my legacy and lasting contribution to arfcom, such as it is.

That's alright, I still laugh.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Love mine. Accurate, ergonomic, handi, reliable, cheap to shoot and fun. Simple to break down and clean, easy to accessorize, what's not to love?

I'm finding I shoot it more than anything else in my collection.

+1

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Love mine, even with the cheap red-dot (sufficient IMHO for a pistol-caliber plinker):

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=31138

It would look better without that butt plug style vertical grip.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope Glock is designing a similar concept for their mags.  Make it so you can easily swap betweem 9mm and .40 and I'd buy one.

As it is, I'd love a Storm but I'd have to buy a bunch of mags to go with it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It would look better without that butt plug style vertical grip.

It's very comfortable, folds up, is made by TDI, has the Beretta logo... I like it.  I think the rounded/organic look matches the gun very well. YMMV.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

has anyone figured out if it would be OK to thread/supress?  Something about it being a 100% imported firearm and not being able to do something like that to it....
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

has anyone figured out if it would be OK to thread/supress?  Something about it being a 100% imported firearm and not being able to do something like that to it....

we tried figuring that out in the general firearms forum...no conclusive answer was reached...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=179101

edit: just saw you were part of the discussion
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Also wanted to say, I've heard a LOT more positive comments than negative comments about the CX4.  Most want to bash it because they think 9mm is inadequate (it's not an AR) or that it's a poor substitute for an MP5 (like all of us can get an MP5 easily or something!?!).  

FOR WHAT IT IS, it's a handy, great little carbine.  I don't have one... yet... but it's on my 'might have to pick up this year' list.   With good HP loads, it would be a good defensive carbine.  It's light, accurate, easy to operate, easy for small statured people to use...  

For what it is, it's a great little gun.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

we tried figuring that out in the general firearms forum...no conclusive answer was reached...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=179101

edit: just saw you were part of the discussion

Yep... I was.... maybe someone should buck up and send an email to a suppressor manufacturer.  I bet they'd know!   Or your friendly BATF agent...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top