Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 10:48:32 PM EDT
... because my compassion is most assuredly waning.  

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1319784/posts

ABOARD THE USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN — The aircraft carrier leading the U.S. military's tsunami relief effort steamed out of Indonesian waters yesterday after the country declined to let the ship's fighter pilots use its airspace for training missions — part of a broad effort by Indonesia to reassert control over its territory.
   The USS Abraham Lincoln's diversion, which was not expected to affect aid flights, came as the White House asked the Indonesian government to explain why it appears to be demanding that the U.S. military and other foreign troops providing disaster relief leave the country by the end of March.

[snip]

The Indonesian government said foreign troops would be out of the country by March 31. "A three-month period is enough, even sooner the better," Indonesian Vice President Jusuf Kalla said Tuesday.
   U.S. Marines have scaled back plans to send hundreds of troops ashore to build roads and clear rubble. The two sides reached a compromise in which the Americans agreed not to set up a base camp on Indonesia or carry weapons.
   Instead, the Marines — about 2,000 of whom were diverted to tsunami relief from duty in Iraq — will keep a "minimal footprint" in the country, with most returning to ships at night, said Col. Tom Greenwood, commander of the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit.

[snip]

Under Navy rules, pilots of carrier-based warplanes cannot go longer than 14 days without flying, or their skills are considered to have degraded too far and they have to undergo extensive retraining.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder that too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sick and tired of it already.

We RUSHED to help with no strings attached and now they are setting terms and putting conditions on HOW WE PROVIDE AID TO THEM IN TIME OF A MAJOR DISASTER.

As I've said before, if I rush to my neighbors house that's on fire with my garden hose and I'm met with complaints about how it's not long/big enough or questions about my motives, religous or political background... well his fucking house can just burn to the ground as far as I'm concerned!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess we need to get a 'stop pay' on that $350Million check then hugh......
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I guess we need to get a 'stop pay' on that $350Million check then hugh......

Don't count on it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it really gets me steamed that all of these victims are coming out of the wood work telling us to go away.  Don't blame the governments of these lands, blame the hundreds of thousands of victims.  They're the ones calling the shots.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes, it really gets me steamed that all of these victims are coming out of the wood work telling us to go away.  Don't blame the governments of these lands, blame the hundreds of thousands of victims.  They're the ones calling the shots.  

Well in a way any countries Govt is a representative of its people. People deserve the Govt they have.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well in a way any countries Govt is a representative of its people. People deserve the Govt they have.

So I can hold you and everyone else here responsible for every restrictive, unconstitutional gun law, correct?  After all, you live here and the government was elected by the people so you are responsible for the NFA, Import Ban, etc.    Oh yeah, I can blame all of my fellow countrymen for Waco and Ruby Ridge too, no?  

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I would want the same if another country were to come into this country and offer aid after some major disaster.
I know how far fetched it is.
Seriously would you want a foreign army in your state after a hurricane/earthquake/flood.
Could become that countries new state.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Did any of these countries send aid to the people of Ventura County California?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Probaly the same ones that helped in the hurricanes..... Oh wait
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I can hold you and everyone else here responsible for every restrictive, unconstitutional gun law, correct?  After all, you live here and the government was elected by the people so you are responsible for the NFA, Import Ban, etc.    Oh yeah, I can blame all of my fellow countrymen for Waco and Ruby Ridge too, no?  

Don't use logic on him, he's in the middle of a xenophobic rant.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Because your an american
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because your an american

Yup... an American whos compassion is most assuredly waning.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because your an american

Yup... an American whos compassion is most assuredly waning.  

My compation, for foreigners, waned long ago.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
If a foreign army wanted to come into the US to "help" with hurricane damage... flood damage... etc. would you be OK with it? I'll bet we'd have a ton of posts about us losing our sovereignty etc. etc.

I think instead of all the countries sending money as a show of "Oh hey everyone, look at us! We're better we sent more money!" we should have waited to see what they needed exactly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If a foreign army wanted to come into the US to "help" with hurricane damage... flood damage... etc. would you be OK with it? I'll bet we'd have a ton of posts about us losing our sovereignty etc. etc.

I think instead of all the countries sending money as a show of "Oh hey everyone, look at us! We're better we sent more money!" we should have waited to see what they needed exactly.

BUT, we have a history of actually bending over backawards to help with money, manpower, and materials then taking it up the poopchute. What country WOULDN'T want our help?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Well, sometimes people have to suffer for the decisions it's government makes. When they get pissed enough about missing out on aid, jobs, etc maybe it will move them to act.

Sometimes to have to punish the many to punish the few.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:28:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUT, we have a history of actually bending over backawards to help with money, manpower, and materials then taking it up the poopchute. What country WOULDN'T want our help?

S.O.

Yeah... for some reason in this case the way every country's donation was scrutinized and displayed in the news in sorted order from most to least... etc. made this seem like a show, sort of like how celebrities donate money to make themselves feel better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Simple, because the left has made them sheep.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#21]
If you really want to get pissed got to Yahoo news and run through the tsunami relief photo slideshow.  Notice who is wearing suits and having lobster in Geneva while "discussing" the aid and how stingy the U.S. is.  Then notice who in the photos has there asses out in the sticks getting something done.  The difference is so startlingly stark as to make you sick.

Yahoo News Slideshows

Pick the Asian Tsunami Disaster slideshow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm sick and tired of it already.

We RUSHED to help with no strings attached and now they are setting terms and putting conditions on HOW WE PROVIDE AID TO THEM IN TIME OF A MAJOR DISASTER.

As I've said before, if I rush to my neighbors house that's on fire with my garden hose and I'm met with complaints about how it's not long/big enough or questions about my motives, religous or political background... well his fucking house can just burn to the ground as far as I'm concerned!

Agree 100%  

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  We all get the government we tolerate.  If we aren't willing to do something about it, PERSONALLY, then we are all individually responsible.  Including you and me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I was all for helping at first. I was wrong. Now I say screw them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder the same thing, especially when I see pics like this.... notice what the t-shirt is....

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The difference is, we're a responsible 1st world nation, and we don't NEED other countries coming here.  These MUSLIM countries NEED us, EXPECT us, then want to set the conditions of our help.
I have no compassion collectively for the population of these countries, as I've accepted in my mind that we're involved in another religious crusade, and the Muslim nations are the enemy.
The Muslim nations don't appreciate that we liberated muslims in Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan;  they dismiss that we bombed Christian Serbs for 70 odd days to save their Muslim asses, and when we tried to feed Muslims in Somalia our best and brightest came home in body bags.  Not to even mention the millions of dollars we've given to the Palestinian Authority to HELP MUSLIMS-all they do is bitch about our relationship with Israel.
I don't mind if MY TAX MONEY goes to Hindus or Buddists, but I resent the hell out of my daughter's future being squandered on behalf of the enemy.

And they are, indeed, the enemy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probaly the same ones that helped in the hurricanes..... Oh wait

Thats funny, my wife and I were talking about that, I mean shit 4 Hurricanes slam Florida and how much international aid was givin?  I dont remember crap!  

Not only are we the world police, but we are the world aid-givers!  AND what do we get??  NO REPSECT!

I say if your not with us your against us, and it seems as indonesia can be added to a list that can go take a swim!!
Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#29]
WOW!............... Now, not only is the U.S. The Worlds Free Insurance Policy, but we now also allow the policy holders (aka) "ungrateful bastards" make the rules.

But hey as long as  their selfish dictators publicly "diss" our help and show no class ,Who cares right
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

These countries needed and asked for our militarys help. We didn't invade anyone. Now the gov't of these countries are restricting our troops ability to protect themselves. I don't have a problem with the gov't of these countries not wanting our military there any longer than need be. But I do have a problem when these gov'ts deny our troops the abilitly to protect themselves.

At this point I say we pull them all (military troops) out. Let see who steps up to solve the problems.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Wasted effort on people who hate us, we should just let them go at each other till they can figure it out on their own.

The International Community Damns us for doing too litte, now they say we have done too much - pull out stay out - let them go to hell...

My 2 cents
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#32]
+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Repost.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for every little thing. But if a country has a repressive regime in charge, its their fault as a collective whole for letting it get that way. Just like the Govt we have (the best EVER) we deserve it because we rose up and took it back and put it in our hands. If other places dont get off their lazy buts, then they deserve what they get as far as the big picture goes.

I am not saying we shouldnt help. When my kid gets hurt for doing something stupid, I dont ignore him, I help him. I dont yell at him aout how he deserved it  even though he did, I help him. We are the only real superpower left. We should help those who are oppressed., yes they deserve the turds in charge of their country, but that does not mean they cant recieve a helping hand to get rid of them. Heck we needed the french to get ourselves free.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I told you guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top