Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 7:57:04 PM EDT
not to sound glad in any way, but it's a good thing they basically came straight down. imagine if they had tipped close to the base and fallen like a tree
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Buildings aren't trees.

Buildings collapse under their own weight when they fall.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
but they can also be made to fall alot less than verticle,,,yes thank God they went down as verticle as they did. Worked the site still much damage to surrounding buildings,,I thought he same thing. hell I had to take a leak on the day that they fell went in liberty plaza,,looking for a head,,went down stairs saw the subway entrance curiosity led me under the rubble did not see and evidence of collapse in the immediate area walked a bit then collapsed area turned around FDNY unit coming towards me asking if I was a surviver,,I just told them I was looking for a lavatory,,,I founf a bathroom pitch dark pissed and got to the surface,,,for some light and dust.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Lori (wife and now EX-PASTRY chef) was supose to start work there at the restaurant on the top floor. Windows on the World. Had to go to the OB-GYN on Tuesday instead of Thursday. Good thing.

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Especially when their helped along......., as in the case of the WTC buildings 1, 2, 5 & 7.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
In the 1992 incident which fortuantely went off before more explosives could be brought in, my suspicion is that they were indeed trying to tip the building.  IIRC, the van was parked away from the center of the building and near pillars at one side of the garage.  It may be coincidence or failure of the planners, but had there been enough explosive it is entirely possible the building might have tilted when falling.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Especially when their helped along......., as in the case of the WTC buildings 1, 2, 5 & 7.

Mike

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
but they can also be made to fall alot less than verticle,,,yes thank God they went down as verticle as they did. Worked the site still much damage to surrounding buildings,,I thought he same thing. hell I had to take a leak on the day that they fell went in liberty plaza,,looking for a head,,went down stairs saw the subway entrance curiosity led me under the rubble did not see and evidence of collapse in the immediate area walked a bit then collapsed area turned around FDNY unit coming towards me asking if I was a surviver,,I just told them I was looking for a lavatory,,,I founf a bathroom pitch dark pissed and got to the surface,,,for some light and dust.

"Survivor?! Hell, I'm just looking for a place to take a piss!"

You, sir...  are a maniac.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#8]
duh.. everyone knows that the buildings fell straight down because of the carefully placed demo charges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top