Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 3:09:01 PM EDT
Im freeking out right now, there was just big bolt of green light in the sky & the power was flickering off & on. WTF and my cats are going berzerk. The weathers been weird around here like 60 today when it should be around 20 .
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
probably a transformer blew up. they can cause all sorts of crazy colors and would cause your power to flicker.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Im freeking out right now, there was just big bolt of green light in the sky & the power was flickering off & on. WTF and my cats are going berzerk. The weathers been weird around here like 60 today when it should be around 20 .

get out the tin foil hats.

for weather related, refer to these hippy psychos...

www.fightbigovercoat.org
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
could be air pollution, certain chemicals being charged could turn green I suppose
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
....it has started.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I know the transformers blowing up during the hurricane gives off a green flash but I have seen meteorologist say there is no green lightning.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen blue, purple, red, yellow, and of course white lightning. I'm not ruling out green.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't recall the formal name for them, but it was possibly a fireball.  This is a meteor (in this case containing copper) that literally burns/explodes in the lower atmosphere.  I was once at a star party near Atoka, OK, with my scout troop.  In the midst of the boys going from telescope to telescope, there was a brilliant green flash that lit up the sky from horizon to horizon.  It was the concensus of the astronomers that it was one of these fireballs.  I saw one in the late 60's, too, while delivering newspapers at 5 a.m.  They are pretty darn cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top