Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 9:29:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It gets good owner reviews on dpresources.com though they do not review it. Digital zoom should not be a selling point as it is an interpolation and gets pixelated the more you zoom. It looks like a nice camera. Get a big memory card and some high mAh (3200 range) rechargable batteries and you will enjoy it!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go for the Canon A95 instead, but that's just me.  Canon lenses are usually better quality than Kodak.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got my Canon S70 as an upgrade to my S50. I really like Canon. I have an older Kodak that was my first digital, it served me well.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd go for the Canon A95 instead, but that's just me.  Canon lenses are usually better quality than Kodak.

I concur. My girlfriend had a 4700 series Kodak and it was an ok camera though it was finicky about connecting to USB 1.1 ports without using the dock, leading to much frustration and cursing. I got her a replacement this year and it's a Canon. I've never been quite so impressed with a relatively inexpensive digital camera.

Have you looked at www.cnet.com?

Cnet is a pretty decent source of information for consumer electronics.

eta: I should make it clear that once we got the dock for the Kodak it was a-ok -until it spent too much time in extreme temperatures b/c someone that thought it would be ok to leave it in the car for a few weeks
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have owned a Kodak Easy Share 5.0 megapixel camera for about a year now.  It has survived a tour in Iraq, and handling by a woman.  The picture quality is very good, and the software package is pretty good, too.  No complaints.

Extra memory sticks don't cost a fortune like they used to.  Wal-Mart practically gives them away now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the kodak 6340, I would definately buy it again.
One of the better things about it is that when you prefocus, (hold the shoot button half way down, then press all the way for the pic, there is no delay, many others have delay)

Also, it takes vids for as long as you have memory.  (not high quality dv, but good enough for fun)

It takes great pics.
Good on batteries.  I would recommend getting the ray o vac 15 min rechargables as well.

I still have my first Kodak, and it still takes great pics as well.

I have no problem recommending this camera.

Also, go to kodak's website, they have a great free tutorial on taking better pics.

TXL

ETA, i bought mine because ILIKELEGS has one as well that he used to use for snapshots. That guy knows cameras, so when he told me he had the Kodak, I was sold.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]
i work for kodak...i service kodak digital cameras...

DX7590

my recomendation.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have the Kodak DX7630 which is in the same price range as the A95.  I went with the Kodak because it has a better lense and because it's LCD disply is 2.2 inches instead of the Canon's 1.8 inch.  But the Canon's display will fold out and swivel which is a big plus.  

As for actual pictures my 7630 produces some amazing pictures.  I can take pictures just inches away from things and they come out crystal clear!  The quality is just amazing to me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#9]
For a first time Digcam user it should serve you well.
It has a few features that I like Video is MPG not AVI as some others, follow up mode for taking a couple pick one after another, decent zoom lens, a marco mode for up close, internal AND external memory. I think the software can be flashed also so you might be able to use this www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/cameras/dc290/dc290GPSKit.jhtml

I have a couple of Kodaks at work some crapped our early while the ones that have kept working have been trouble free and they work outside and in UGLY places.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok I am slowly coming out of the stone age and have decided to get a digital camera. The Kodak EasyShare 7530 has caught my eye. www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1082119760209&skuId=6619867&productCategoryId=pcmcat29000050002&type=product

Is this a decent camera? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, keep in mind that I am a complete newbie to this stuff. Is it easy to use?

Things I like about the camera:
close focal range
burst mode
LCD display
3x optical zoom
5x dig zoom
several modes including *night

Any reason not too get this cam?

I have a 7530, I bought it a few months ago when I decided to upgrade Kodak 3400.  I love it.   As far as ease of use, it is pretty easy, heck, I only had to show my dad once how to use his
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Our first digi was a Kodak.  We recently got Ma a new camera, we came down to the Kodak 7443 7430(?) and a CanonA85.  Ma liked the selection wheel on the Canon over the Canon and that was the deciding factor.

My feeling was that I don't care for or use the bigger or fold out LCD screens, they eat battery power voraciously.

Picture quality  Equal

Ease of Use Kodak (Me)  Canon (Ma Danby)

Suppled Software KODAK +++
(although they had an upgrade that came out recently and it was on a photodisk or the website and it totally fouled up the upgrade process, really really badly, disabled camera, computer software.  Kodak finally came up with a fix-it on the website and now it works OUTSTANDING)

Batteries - Canon

I think it comes down to which ever you like the feel of best. Although I would tend to recommend the Kodak for ease of use both camera and software,  whichever uses "regular" batteries.  You can always find alkaline batteries if you need them.  Many of the Kodaks take proprietary batteries or uncommon size batteries.  I think all the Canons took off the shelf batteries.  If you are going to be taking it all over the place replacement batteries is a concern and I might swing to the Canon. just for that  "My" Kodak can use (although not recommended) regular batteries.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#12]
For an extra $50 or so (for the camera alone) you can get the 6.1 meg.  We got that one, and if you watch the specials Best Buy will do 2 years same as cash.

I thought the 6.1 is shaped a little better, has a slightly larger LCD, and I thought the "user guide" (the little icons on the screen for specialty settings) was a little more complete than on the 5.0.  Very happy with the EasyShares.....they seem to have the best user interface of any of them, especially for the technology challenged (like my wife).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh, one important thing I forgot to mention..   Those expensive lithium batteries are pretty much the only way to fly with these cameras.    you go through a set of regular duracells in an hour or two of usage..   I bought a pack of those lithium (e2 I think they were)  and have had the same pair in for the last month...  in the long run $10 for 4 batteries is actually cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i work for kodak...i service kodak digital cameras...

DX7590

my recomendation.

That is a pretty convincing referral

I also have a Kodak and love it- recommend one 100%
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Kodak is FAG FRIENDLY. I think some homosexual magazine named them the best company for their kind. They even fired a man when he asked not to be sent homo propaganda anymore.

So. F--- KODAK...

Ohh... and read the reviews and you will see that Canon is the best out there. I've used them for years, both in film and digitally, and they are the best IMHO.

One more thing, the Kodak stuff I’ve been around is SHIT. After a few months a 25,000 dollar imaging station filter selector switch broke down, and we are unable to select filters for specific wavelengths anymore. They are worthless IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I love mine, great quaility pics and easy to use
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#17]
the kodak you are wanting uses AA batteries

alkalines don't do too well, but the nimh last a long time

the supplies lithium batteries last a DAMN long time before needing replaced.

btw, go online to get a bigger memory card, you can save about 50%

txl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top