Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 8:00:36 AM EDT
I'm considering purchasing a  4-day ticket for Country Jam 2005 in Grand Junction CO this year... Just curious if anyone has been to the previous Country Jam shows, and what they thought of it... the lineup seems pretty good this year and I could use the 4 days of fun... not to mention all the country girls

For all you folks who hate country music, move on... Us rednecks dont care [we need a cowboy icon]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
country is teh sucx
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
HEE HAW!

no
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I said fucking MOVE ON!....  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I went once.

When Styx was playing. Really wanted to stay and watch Dwight Yokam who had the next act. But had to leave.

In other words, I don't go. Even though I would like to and live only an hour away.

Also don't make it to RockJam either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#5]
yeeeeehaaaaw  Country Jam 2005 i can't wait. let me go knock out a few of my teeth and load up the truck.

J
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
If it wasn't in that shithole co. I still wouldn't
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Friends in low places eh?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The words "Country" and "Jam" used together should be a big clue as to what kind of music they're going to play.

Whoopie for gay Pop Country.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HEE HAW!

no

Minnie Pearl comes out at the end to inform the crowd that the event has come to a close.  "We're through playin' now!"
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#10]
what a buncha of stereotypical bullshit.....narrow minded morons.  

whos all playing this year?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

oh lighten up dickhead. You act like you just caught pa kissing your sister.

J
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]
They think they're getting quite a deal.  Two kinds of music for one price...........country AND western.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Lighten up man...

You must admit that there is some truth to the sterotype.  It's the same way with every genre.  The Indigo Girls made some good folk style music, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think that the lesbian sterotype doesn't apply to a large portion of the audience.  Trust me!  I went to one of their concerts (on a date) and was not disappointed.

Hell dude, when the Charlie Daniels band comes to play the local after work festivals, we have dudes walking around with no shirt on with the 'stars and bars' used as a cape.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No, sorry.
After 3 years of having my small town host Country Thunder, I can honestly say YEE HAW!
Think Sturgis with a drawl, and no bikes.
The drunks.
The fights.
The car wrecks.
The traffic.
The cops.
These Rexol Redneck wannabies are some of the worse behaved bunch of idiots to ever hoist a beer, and puke on their brand new Wranglers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh lighten up dickhead. You act like you just caught pa kissing your sister.

J

LOL.... you sound like you have some first-hand knowledge in these type of affairs.....oh..and thats MR. Dickhead to you son.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yep.

Here's the line up. From www.CountryJam.com

Country Jam
Grand Junction, CO
June 23-26, 2005

Lineup
Brooks and Dunn
Big & Rich
Chris LeDoux
Josh Gracin
Tracy Byrd
Billy Currington
Dierks Bently
Montgomery Gentry
Phil Vassar
Katrina Elam
Chris Cagle

Would like to see Brooks & Dunn, Chris LeDoux, Tracy Byrd, Montgomery Gentry and Phil Vasser. Saw Chris LeDoux last summer. He puts on a pretty good show.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Country Jam
Grand Junction, CO
June 23-26, 2005

Lineup
Brooks and Dunn
Big & Rich
Chris LeDoux
Josh Gracin
Tracy Byrd
Billy Currington
Dierks Bently
Montgomery Gentry
Phil Vassar
Katrina Elam
Chris Cagle

Would like to see Brooks & Dunn, Chris LeDoux, Tracy Byrd, Montgomery Gentry and Phil Vasser. Saw Chris LeDoux last summer. He puts on a pretty good show.

LeDoux and Dierks Bentley are both damn good!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#18]
This was fun, needs a BTT.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
The one in Wisconsin is called Country Thunder.  Samething though, 4 days of pure country.  I get invited every year, and always seem to have something more important to do.

Have fun if you go.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Country Jam
Grand Junction, CO
June 23-26, 2005

Lineup
Brooks and Dunn
Big & Rich
Chris LeDoux
Josh Gracin
Tracy Byrd
Billy Currington
Dierks Bently
Montgomery Gentry
Phil Vassar
Katrina Elam
Chris Cagle

I am more of a rock fan but I went to a Brooks and Dunn concert  a few years ago, excellent show!!!  Dunn can flat out sing, sounds as good live as he does on the albums,  pretty remarkable in today's practice of lip-sycing/no farking talent bands.  

Motgomery Gentry was there also as was Trace Adkins, Montgomery Gentry just hit the big time and was still a little rough around the edges.  Trace Adkins has quite a following of Hotties, I was watching breasts bouncing up and down more than his show.

Looking at the lineup, they need more hot Country Female singers like Chely Wright, Sarah Evans, and Martina Mcbride.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#21]
They usually have more big name female performers, so this may not be a complete list. Don't know though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be really happy if Trace Adkins shows up.. and I'd really like to see Chris Ledoux and Dierks Bently. Big bonus if Gretchen Wilson shows up... she's a hot little thing, and she can sing too! For all the naysayers... try to find a "pop" tune that talks about God and Country more than some (most?) country songs... The USA has a heart, and its somewhere in the Rockies.

There are only two kids of music... Country and Western.

MY very own famous last words: "fuckoff... y'all"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top