Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
what is a sub-caliber device, and have you used one?

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
A .22 conversion kit is a "sub-caliber" device and, yes I've used one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ceiner 22lr conversion unit for the AR works fine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the time I have heard the devices that let you shoot (say a 1911) with .22 called a 22 conversion.  But there used to be a device you slid in the bore of a large cal weapon such as a tank or field gun that would allow you shoot 50 cal for training.  

I have also hear a sabot round for .50 called a sub cal device.  Who knows.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a sub-caliber 22LR conversion for a FN/FAL that I shoot out of a Springfield Armory SAR48, it shoots good, accuracy at a hundred yard is nothing to write home about. Never a FTF/FTE. It comes with a barrel liner, a new bolt, 2 magazines, and a wooden case. It was originally made by HK for the G1(FAL) rifle. HK also made a version for there G3/HK91, but from what I understand, it won't fit in a polygonal-rifled type barrel HK G3/HK91.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top