Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 6:05:58 AM EDT
AWOL Soldier Cites Army Inadequacies

HOUSTON — An Army National Guard soldier said Tuesday that the inadequate training and equipment he received had led him to abandon his unit rather than face deployment to Iraq (news - web sites).

"I guess I'm AWOL right now," Spc. Joseph Jacobo, 46, said in a telephone interview from the Los Angeles area.

Among his concerns, Jacobo said, was that he had been unable to find anyone at his Texas training base who could fix his M-4 assault rifle, the primary weapon he would carry in Iraq. The weapon jams, he said.

"They try to put old parts in new rifles," he said. "It doesn't work. We're having all kinds of problems with our automatic weapons."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&u=/latim...

NICE TRY YOU FUCKING COWARD.............  CALIFORNIA BOY ......NUFF SAID
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You do realize that bold type is not neccessary in your titles right?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#2]
attention whore meet post whore
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
46 y.o. E-4
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#4]
HABIT Sorry.............and thanks for the tip
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another Calif boy...

Link to persuasive M4 story...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

HOUSTON — An Army National Guard soldier said Tuesday that the inadequate training and equipment he received had led him to abandon his unit rather than face deployment to Iraq (news - web sites).

"I guess I'm AWOL right now," Spc. Joseph Jacobo, 46, said in a telephone interview from the Los Angeles area.

Among his concerns, Jacobo said, was that he had been unable to find anyone at his Texas training base who could fix his M-4 assault rifle, the primary weapon he would carry in Iraq. The weapon jams, he said.

"They try to put old parts in new rifles," he said. "It doesn't work. We're having all kinds of problems with our automatic weapons."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&u=/latim...

NICE TRY YOU FUCKING COWARD.............  CALIFORNIA BOY ......NUFF SAID

Reading the title of the thread, I thought his M4 was talking to him or something.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]
My M4 talked me into having another beer, and I ended up coming home late.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#8]
lol ............there are many like it but this one is mine
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#9]
M-4s caused the tsunami as well as the mudslides in California recently.

Why are we still using this world-wrecking rifle???  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Man, if you only knew how many times I've been down that road...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
46 y.o. E-4

His little shenanigan is probably an insite into why hes still an E-4.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Your right about that one
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#14]
THE M4 GIVES YOU TEH GENITAL HERPES
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Your name scares me....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My AK-47 talks to me, but I can't understand what it says, since it speaks in Russian....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My AK-47 talks to me, but I can't understand what it says, since it speaks in Russian....

If you ever figure it out, let me know. MY SKS always talks to me, wait, it's chinese....doesn't look like you can help me there....

Ben
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah as a AK-47 lover, I have to say to you M-16 fools, HAHAHAHAHAHHA! you piece of imperialist American Garbage can not compare!  
If Woody had gone straight to the AK, this would never have happened.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
46 y.o. E-4

That says POS in of itself.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#20]
He's an E-4 because he just re-entered the military last year.  He had been a Marine for some number of years previously, then entered the civilian world for a while before enlisting in the Guard.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you ever figure it out, let me know. MY SKS always talks to me, wait, it's chinese....doesn't look like you can help me there....

Ben

My broomhandles whisper to me in German when they think I am asleep.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#22]
SO what's the rule about picking up an AK once he was over there?  I have seen a few pics of Marines with a beatup AK slung over their backs with their M16 or M4s in their hands?  

Is there a rule against it and some CO's just don't enforce it?

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, better for the M4 to make him go AWOL than for it to sneak off on its own, steal an ice cream truck, and go on a rampage.......
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

A 46 year old Spec-4?

Holy shit.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I cant believe it, some of the national guard members on tv say they joined the army to go to school on the gi bill but never expected to go to war,and their parents are saying the same. Folks you joined the MILITARY, what do you think was going to happen in war time! My brother-in-law is going next week to the sandbox, he is full time army scout recon out of fort stewart,ga. He has a 2year old girl ,and a baby on the way, hes nervous but hes is going, hes 27. He is sacraficing alot like the rest of the non cowards. 47 huh do you still live with your parents to?OH YEAH  by the way your trained in hand to hand COMBAT so you can use your bayonet to fight with!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I just went through training with guys from 1-184 who were at Dona Ana who knew this guy. one word: Malingerer

Him and some other guy went off post when tehy were under lockdown to talk with msnbc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

probably "feed me"
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#30]

OMG

At least give them the equipment to fight.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Stop pretending to be concerned.

You know damned well that if his rifle isn't functioning, the armory will fix it, or send it out to be fixed.

A SPC doesn't look around his base, for someone to fix it.  

You CLAIM to have served.
Therfore you know this.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You know damned well that if his rifle isn't functioning, the armory will fix it, or send it out to be fixed.

No kidding

I love the image of this guy desperately wandering around a base, randomly grabbing people and asking them to "fix" his M4.  Oh - woe is him.  

Here's an idea, buddy - CLEAN IT!  If you still have problems, go to the armorer for your company.  

This is so obviously someone trying to get sympathy for his desertion based on the Jessica Lynch "all our rifles malfunctioned/jammed" bullshit myth.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#33]
For all of you ST:TNG fans…

Will you fix my M16 – It no shoot.

Make it go – it no shoot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Cyanide,

You're either the biggest s*ht stirrer on arfcomm, or the dumbest. The jury is still out...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cyanide,

You're either the biggest s*ht stirrer on arfcomm, or the dumbest. The jury is still out...

Either/or?  Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

My broomhandles whisper to me in German when they think I am asleep.

That would not concern me. What would concern me is if you started talking back to them, in German.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Ow! That's a dead ringer for my old metal shop teacher from high school......I always wondered what became of him...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Stop pretending to be concerned.

You CLAIM to have served.
Therfore you know this.

I knew what it was like over 30 years ago ------- not today.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

wife didn't buy it did she?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

www.eskimo.com/~bpentium/pakleds/pakled01.jpg

Will you fix my M16 – It no shoot.

Make it go – it no shoot.

Ah, yes.  The Space Retards.
Hilarious episode.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top