[#1]
Where did you grow Up?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i survived polio in the mid 1950's.

i survived the drugs, booze and free love of the '60's and '70's.

Right there with ya, brother!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep! I survived the late 50's and 60's!

To celebrate my amazing survival, I just purchased a new Honda CR dirt bike to see if I can hurt myself...lol.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#5]
MY mother had 3 kids. She smoked when carrying all of us.The Doc told her to drink One Beer a day to help ease her aches and pains.  Thats was in the early 60's

I didnt even know what a seatbelt was until I started driving 1979
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Campy, me too, glad i grew up then . Back when sex was safe & motorcycles were dangerous, i still ride, going on 42 yrs on two wheels. yep, an old fart i will turn 54 the end of feb.later,W.B.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#7]
There is still hope. I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I remember never wearing a helmet and having to let the hose run to get the hot water out.  My dad picking me up from shcool to take me to the police station. Being held very acountable for what I did and I didn't even know what CPS was. I remember having to work construction and haying to earn money to buy the stuff I wanted. I remember the day I realized I'd screwed off in school and couldn't get a scholarship so I went to bootcamp at 17. I wasn't gonna make dad pay for it. I remember when mom stayed at home and dad worked in the steel mill and that was what I wanted to do. Mom always made candies and baked but I didn't get too chubby. Maybe there's enough like me around that we're not in the basket yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
MY mother had 3 kids. She smoked when carrying all of us.The Doc told her to drink One Beer a day to help ease her aches and pains.  Thats was in the early 60's

I didnt even know what a seatbelt was until I started driving 1979

Spoke with a lady whose mom smoked and drank while carrying her.  

I just endured walking into smoke filled rooms, and leaving with a urge to smoke
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Lippy...that reminded me of so much. Growing up in the 50's, (born in 1951), in a small town in upstate New York, I remember the duck and cover drills in school, walking everywhere, during the summer playing from sunup to sundown, and a multitude of other things that today are just not acceptable. What is the cause/causes for this change in society?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top