Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 6:01:33 PM EDT
what should I know?  So far it's sweet as pie, but she sure eats batteries quickly!

I've gotta Dell Inspiron 7000 that has a zip drive rather than a cd rom drive, so how will I possibly install PictureProject?  Short of finding a cd rom for this old POS laptop, can I down load PictureProject from the web?  Thanks--VT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump and Please, someone-- someone help!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have another computer which has a CD-ROM drive and a ZIP drive, just copy the files from the CD onto a ZIP disk.  Should still work.  Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you have another computer which has a CD-ROM drive and a ZIP drive, just copy the files from the CD onto a ZIP disk.  Should still work.  Hope that helps.

My Nikon 2500 has a Lithium Ion battery.  If yours uses normal AA, get some lithium Ion AA's for it along with a charger.  It will eat NiCads even quicker than the AA's.  Also, use the power adaptor when downloading to save your batteries.

If batteries are free at work, this is a non-issue!!!!

Does it have USB?  You can use a USB finger RAM stick for this, possibly faster than some Zip drives.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You should of bought a Canon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Try NiMH batteries. You can get some 2300mAH rechargable batteries from a place called green batteries. I think they have a yahoo store. They are nice for sure.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
You can download PictureProject from the Nikon site, though my vague recollection is that they may charge you.

If so, I suggest you send them an e-mail describing your problem – together with your camera SN - and see what they can do for you (maybe e-mail you a copy?).

PictureProjest is maybe 18 MB in size after being installed, so even if it’s zipped before installation I’ve got to think it’s much too large for floppy disks.

Just curious, but does your old PC have a USB?  If not, I’m wondering how you’re going to hook up the camera to it?    
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
yes my old dell has a usb port.  I called the nikon 800 number and they emailed me a link to download picture project.  From what i read, it sounds like a royal pain in the ass= I gotta download unzip files and something from apple computers etc...  

Anyone here know a way to simple hook a tower from a T2200 eMachine w/ cdrom drive to my laptop so I  can install PP this way?  Good Lord man...  I'm no tech guy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top