Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 5:26:23 PM EDT
Tell me more about him.
I mean, I always liked him but I was up in the GWN back then. I never could understand how Clinton, whom I knew nothing about, could have beat him except the "no new taxes" thing I was fed by the media.
I've been to his library and I know a little history but I'm asking for what you guys thought and saw and remember from that time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Banning the importation of foriegn made "assault rifles" was a big mistke.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Bush ran the CIA and had as much charm as Cyanide.  I loved him, but he was very much a robot.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
He was surrounded by people who didn't have a feel for the pulse of the nation. Bush 43's people are much, much smarter...and they learned from daddy's mistakes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
He is a good man, a war hero who bailed out of a fighter during WWII, but he has zero charisma and ability to connect with people, which is why Clinton beat him.  Also, he did not like to campaign that much, and resented having to go on the campaign trail, and it showed.  He did not like debates (even though he is smart), and Clinton beat him there, too.

Yes, he headed the CIA for a brief time.  He is probably one of the most security conscious presidents we have ever had - the exact opposite of Clinton in that regard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top