Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 2:40:48 PM EDT
Who all has one or more little wimpy cartridge pistols stashed around the house, toilet, garage, lawnmower etc? (NOT TRYING TO START A CARTRIDGE SIZE-CAPABILITY WAR)
I was over at a customers house today and noticed he had a little 22 Beretta taped to the toilet. He said no one will ever catch him off guard. "Hell, I got em taped up everywhere" he said. Is this weird?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It's tactical I suppose.  If you have the money then I suppose you can tape them all over. I do keep some of my separate.  One in a safe, one is hidden in a desk etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope it's not weird, I have a cheap 25auto stashed by the backdoor.  

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Tape?

That has got to be hell on the draw !

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
No, it's not weird. How many people get taken by surprise while in the shower or toilet and somebody invades their home? Suddenly breaks in, rip off the tape, and now you're armed. No rushing for the guns, instant ranged defense.

My friend's grandfather keeps his Colt 1911 strapped to him at all times out on his farm, and he keeps a loaded .38 revolver in the work shed and bathroom counter in case somebody takes him or his wife by surprise.

EDITed to add: Up until I was six, my grandparents didn't lock their doors, but a double-barrel shotgun was next to the front door and my great-uncles Colt was in the closet next to the shoebox of money they kept on hand. They learned their lessons from the Depression. When they got lots of young grandchildren though, the doors got locked and the shotgun went into the closet, even though it was never loaded because it'd explode using modern shells.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy who has old surplus .38s all over the house.

Jeff Cooper once wrote in a news letter: If you are reading this, and do not have a weapon within reach, you have not been listening.

Or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a wimpy rifle chambered for a wimpy cartridge.

Ben
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I suppose it's normal.

I have a Ruger .357 stashed by where I always plant myself to watch TV.

"Wimpy" cause it's only a 5 shot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you are reading this, and do not have a weapon within reach, you have not been listening.

Now there's a sig line if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep a 38 snub at the toilet also. I have one of those organizer things that atand behing / over it and I keep it on top of there so I guess it inst weird to me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I wear my $1000 1911 on my hip while I'm in the shower.

Seriously though, it's his house, he can be as weird as he wants to be.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm just like that guy who tapes guns everywhere in his house. I even have the worlds first "taint" holster!! What's the taint you say? it's that part of your body between your you nut sack and your anus! Using Sharkskin leather (ouch) I strap the small holster with a North american arms Mini, right across my taint. Only thing is if I need it I'll have to pretend to either scratch my ass or my balls. But no one is gonna catch me unarmed!

PS= edited to replace "taint" with the previous incorrect word. What would I do without the prevs at ARFCOM??
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's the spooge you say? it's that part of your body between your you nut sack and your anus!

Incorrect. That part of your body is the "taint," because taint balls and taint ass.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a S&W 645 on my lawn mower.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
My NAA is always on me along with p-32 and a model 23.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm just like that guy who tapes guns everywhere in his house. I even have the worlds first "spooge" holster!!h.gif What's the spooge you say? it's that part of your body between your you nut sack and your anus!hock.gif Using Sharkskin leather (ouch) I strap the small holster with a North american arms Mini, right across my spooge. Only thing is if I need it I'll have to pretend to either scratch my ass or my balls. But no one is gonna catch me unarmed!

You are incorrect.  The area you are speaking of is the taint.  That is a bad spot to keep a gun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
this is why i love this site.no matter how odd i sometimes think my behavior,there are others just like me.whats wrong with always being within reach of an equalizer?better to have and not need,right?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i have a real gun with me at home 99% of the time or at least within the same room. not worried about getting caught off guard. i just like having them around

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#19]
pereneum if you wanna get technical...

/me has flashbacks of advanced biology
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm just like that guy who tapes guns everywhere in his house. I even have the worlds first "spooge" holster!! What's the spooge you say? it's that part of your body between your you nut sack and your anus! Using Sharkskin leather (ouch) I strap the small holster with a North american arms Mini, right across my spooge. Only thing is if I need it I'll have to pretend to either scratch my ass or my balls. But no one is gonna catch me unarmed!

Just use the right gun at the right time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#21]
carry a p32 most ot the time.

txl
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Appears you guys are right! Just got my dirty words mixed up I guess. I will edit to fix!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]
P3AT.  Wimpy gun.  Almost like Imbrogilo's .38 but more than his .22
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a pistol in 3 different rooms...not any taped to anything in the bathroom though
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry bar none that was the funniest reply to date, you owe me a keyboard, m-dct-stox

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm just like that guy who tapes guns everywhere in his house. I even have the worlds first "taint" holster!! What's the taint you say? it's that part of your body between your you nut sack and your anus! Using Sharkskin leather (ouch) I strap the small holster with a North american arms Mini, right across my taint. Only thing is if I need it I'll have to pretend to either scratch my ass or my balls. But no one is gonna catch me unarmed!

PS= edited to replace "taint" with the previous incorrect word. What would I do without the prevs at ARFCOM??

That was the funniest reply to date![ROLF2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
me-------->

Well let's just say, I hope that people realise I was just joking, no I do not keep a gun strapped to my Taint . Though I have seriously considered a holster that fits right up the crack of my ass. (using home made leather holster of course) But I had to give it up as sitting down became an impossability. I tested it out by inserting my NAA Guardian in my crack then trying to sit down with it up there. Needless to say it did'nt work.

PS- BTW, I have a NAA guardian in .32 acp for sale if anyone is interested, never fired though it does have some "brown rust" pitting on the slide.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#28]

t-stox
Well let's just say, I hope that people realise I was just joking, no I do not keep a gun strapped to my Taint . Though I have seriously considered a holster that fits right up the crack of my ass. (using home made leather holster of course) But I had to give it up as sitting down became an impossability. I tested it out by inserting my NAA Guardian in my crack then trying to sit down with it up there. Needless to say it did'nt work.

That is WAY TOO MUCH INFO!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:11:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

A real man would use a full size 1911.  Condition 1
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Some time ago, I responded to a house fire at a sheriff's (Lt.) officers home.  While searching the smoke filled house for occupants, I came across at least 8 handguns in various places in the house.  Under beds, couches, cushions etc.  

He must have made a lot of enemies.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I would tell you but then....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Uh, yup.

I keep my Colt .380 stashed in one of the rooms. The house isn't too terribly large, so my Sig is always close and the safe is always set to "easy to open" when I'm home.

It's also lately been my pocket gun when I walk the dog because within the past month I've had a malamute run out an unlocked door and attack my little yappy dog (Bad mistake-BAD dog!) and at the time I wasn't armed (couldn't have shot the dog anyway for attacking my dog) so I kicked the everlovingshit out of it with my hiking boot-clad foot. The dog let go of my dog, gave me a menacing look that earned it another swift kick in the chops, and then proceeded to attack the person that came out the door after it. Chewed the shit out of his hand. Dude had to go to the hospital. Luckily, no damage to my dog. Strangely, this dog is STILL ALIVE.

This isn't the only one. Seems I have some neighbors that just can't spend the extra calories it takes to make sure their doors are shut properly when their dogs are in the house. On 4 other occasions I've had dogs run out doors and charge me and my dog. Seems it's only a matter of time until one gets past my feet and chomps on me-I live in a neighborhood where Rotties seem to be popular. (THEN I can cap it if the dog is large enough to do me great bodily harm)

So, yeah, I have a "stash gun" and it sees the light of day frequently. I'm also not above keeping one of the ARs out and handy. I HATE to see them get lonely.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I know a guy who has old surplus .38s all over the house.

Jeff Cooper once wrote in a news letter: If you are reading this, and do not have a weapon within reach, you have not been listening.

Or something to that effect.

God Bless Mr. Cooper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top