Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 1:13:32 PM EDT
Not much here in this little town for cell phone retailers...........what are my other options?

Only need a phone on a rare occassion for a quick call.........but when I need it, I really need a cell phone!!  

Which way to turn??  Thanks for any help.

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried the internet????
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
More specifically, I was hoping someone would step up and say:

"hey man, try this place over here........only X per month and great service. "

I just don't want to get a cell phone, but there's been a couple times I really needed one.

thanks.

vmax84

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Get one of those prepaid jobs over the internet. $25. No monthly fees and you can use it when you need it.

Don't bother with the local retailers. They will try and upsell you into maintenance contracts, deposits , two year agreements; stuff you do not need.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to try a prepaid phone. They're on the shelves at most major stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. There is no monthly plan or contract - the phone comes with some number of minutes on it. Once you use up those minutes, you have to "recharge" it with a minute card, available at gas stations and convenience stores. The minutes are expensive compared to monthly plans, but it's a good deal if you don't want to use it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get one of those prepaid jobs over the internet. $25. No monthly fees and you can use it when you need it.

Don't bother with the local retailers. They will try and upsell you into maintenance contracts, deposits , two year agreements; stuff you do not need.

Have you found a particular company that has worked well for you on this?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.........I'll stop into Walmart before I head off to work.  didn't realize they may have something like this.

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top