Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 11:31:49 AM EDT
Are there any?  Barreled uppers or 'kits'?  Where?

I'm going to build an AR pistol, but want it to have "decent" terminal ballistics within ~50 yards.  I've read here that 11.5" barrels are pretty marginal when it comes to counting on fragmentation in a target.  So my question is, does anybody have uppers somewhere in between 11.5 and 14 inches long?  

I'm looking for either an already assembled upper or an already assembled upper with lower parts kit etc to add to a stripped lower.

Thanks in advance for the help!

catch

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy the lower receiver AS a pistol?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that part isn't a problem.  Just for others' information, it doesn't have to be marked as "pistol".  It just has to show on the form that it was sold as a stripped lower (never had a stock on it)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I answered your other post on the matter. Short of finding an extremely rare M2 Corp 12" polygonally rifled unit, you need to get one of these custom made. Or just use 77gr OTM or 75gr Hornady TAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top