Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 11:23:46 AM EDT
www.policemag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=300&whichpage=4

There are a few people there with sense, but that little goosestepping college kid wannabe cop makes me think of Hitler Youth.  And I went to college (criminology) with a lot of little shits like that.  A lot of them get hired, too...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
ETA: ok, took the time to read it.  I think the CoC would get me into trouble if I posted what I thought of a few of his comments...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There are a few people there with sense, but that little goosestepping college kid wannabe cop makes me think of Hitler Youth.  And I went to college (criminology) with a lot of little shits like that.  A lot of them get hired, too...

I wen to school w/ a lot of wannabe cops.

It's funny (but sad) you could guess which students in a class were LEO majors by the way they acted.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
that is quite disturbing to think people think like that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
From the link:

"All of the rights given in the bill of rights are civil, but they are more or less privileges, and not guaranteed all the time."

WTF?

Someone needs to go back to grade-school civics class.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#5]
"And many people are also not aware that the police have no legal obligation to protect you. This has been proven repeatedly in court cases, the most famous of which is a case where three women were raped and held captives for several hours and then killed. Police answered the calls from the neighbors about the screaming but heard nothing and got no answer at their knock so they left. Family members sued over the lack of help and lost at all levels on the basis that police have no legal duty to protect anyone."

What court case was that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From the link:

"All of the rights given in the bill of rights are civil, but they are more or less privileges, and not guaranteed all the time."

WTF?

Isnt that in effect correct though? If I go rape someone, rob a liquor store on my way home then get busted and serve time, once I'm out can I go buy a firearm?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"And many people are also not aware that the police have no legal obligation to protect you. This has been proven repeatedly in court cases, the most famous of which is a case where three women were raped and held captives for several hours and then killed. Police answered the calls from the neighbors about the screaming but heard nothing and got no answer at their knock so they left. Family members sued over the lack of help and lost at all levels on the basis that police have no legal duty to protect anyone."

What court case was that?

Speck, probably.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Specop_007:
One out of DC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And I went to college (criminology) with a lot of little shits like that.  A lot of them get hired, too...

But they had GREAT instructors like the Esteemed Dr. Mark(less police, no guns, and more social programs)Hamm to help form their pliable young minds!  Oh and you can't forget VanNess either!  Don't know if you actually finished your Crim degree at ISU or elsewhere, but it's not hard to visualize these types of kids coming out of a Criminology program with instructors like ISU had when I was there, and I'm sure ISU was probably mild compared to some of the "Bastions of Higher(Lefter) Learning" in this country today.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't worry QS.  That naive little shit will have to actually GET a job one day, and the rest of the workforce will square him away, one way or the other.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, I finished it.  It makes me physically ill to think about that longhaired hippie communist Hamm spewing his bullshit there in the Moot Court.  There are so many of those kids who just bought into his, and VanNess's, pinko crap.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I went to college (criminology) with a lot of little shits like that.  A lot of them get hired, too...

But they had GREAT instructors like the Esteemed Dr. Mark(less police, no guns, and more social programs)Hamm to help form their pliable young minds!  Oh and you can't forget VanNess either!  Don't know if you actually finished your Crim degree at ISU or elsewhere, but it's not hard to visualize these types of kids coming out of a Criminology program with instructors like ISU had when I was there, and I'm sure ISU was probably mild compared to some of the "Bastions of Higher(Lefter) Learning" in this country today.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's some of Hamm's latest bullshit.  What scares me is, there are (or WERE, when Slick was still president) people in the .gov who LISTEN to this idiot.  www.indstate.edu/crim/HAMMPATRIOTACT.pdf

I'm ashamed of my school.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here's some of Hamm's latest bullshit.  What scares me is, there are (or WERE, when Slick was still president) people in the .gov who LISTEN to this idiot.  www.indstate.edu/crim/HAMMPATRIOTACT.pdf

I'm ashamed of my school.

That man literally disgusts me!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone associated with police work knows that the real education does not come from a college degree in criminal justice.  What you are taught there is pretty much useless when it comes time to actually do the job.  You all don't need to get your panties in a wad over the stuff some know-it-all college kid with no experience says.  The large majority of police officers that I have met are no different than any other freedom loving Americans.  You have a few, like this kid who wasn't even an officer at the time of that thread, who give the rest a bad name.  No different than the dumbshits around here who like to rag on the police every chance they get.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I consider the right to own firearms an extension of the natural, God given Human Right to self defense.

That Jackboot can roll his "privelege" up and stick it in his ... ear.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Anyone associated with police work knows that the real education does not come from a college degree in criminal justice.  What you are taught there is pretty much useless when it comes time to actually do the job.  You all don't need to get your panties in a wad over the stuff some know-it-all college kid with no experience says.  The large majority of police officers that I have met are no different than any other freedom loving Americans.  You have a few, like this kid who wasn't even an officer at the time of that thread, who give the rest a bad name.  No different than the dumbshits around here who like to rag on the police every chance they get.

Not in the least worried about that, the problem is that these college programs create POLICE ADMINISTRATORS who rarely ever "do" the job, rather they "learn it" in college!  And that is what I am discussing, these young kids buying into the above mentioned Educators'(using the term loosely) liberal bias, sure some will be regular cops and getr straightened out, but others (and these are who you have to worry about) continue their leftward studies and end up running NYPD, CPD, LAPD, etc., etc.!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]
These guys could be some real comedians if they weren't serious.

That's my alma mater you are talking about.  Thanks for the info.  They called last week asking for money.  Now I know what to do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From the link:

WTF?

No really I read it in the Bill of Privileges  

[Ralph(from the Simpsons)]  That link made my head hurt [Ralph]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top