Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:03:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Not if neutered properly.

What a crock article.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the short answer is that they are legal, but it must have a fixed 10rd mag, and no bayonet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think the short answer is that they are legal, but it must have a fixed 10rd mag, and no bayonet.

bayonet is ok if it has fixed mag.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct...it is only the "D" model that is banned here.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

must be C&R, otherwise no bayonet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The "assault weapons" version is banned.  The "Wisconsin Certified Deer Hunting" version is not.  I think the particular strategy of demonizing the SKS is based on "allowing them to be imported."  Politicians can't really distinguish the reasoning for banning importation of items.  

Cuban Cigars-like em but that Castro's gotta go.
Illegal immigrant labor-the jones for cheap labor and possible new liberal voters is too strong
Guns-ick!!....don't we have enough home grown ones?
Absinthe-can't remember why
Drugs and steroids-morally we're against them but financially we know we're pushin a rock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't wait to see the "Remington 700 bolt action Assault Sniper rifle" that defeats pistol body armor.

Maybe the "S&W M15 self repeating Assault pistol" that shoots the deadly "hollow point armor piercing incendiary" rounds.

We already heard about the deadly 5.7 anti body armor hollow points that one dept never heard about before. How dare a citizen carry one for defense? They can't wait to destroy it.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#9]
They're banned if they take detachable magazines, or have been configured with a folding and/or pistol grip stock.

If they have a grenade launcher, e.g. Yugo Zastavas, they have to have a steel condom welded over the launcher to be legal.

Other than that, old Soviet ones are C&Rs, and that will be one of the first things I have sent directly to my home once I become a Cruffler.

BTW - I think it's great that the VPC thinks they're all banned in Cali.  Makes it less likely that the Caliban will actually ban them.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
"...the SKS is the leading cop-killing rifle in America today..."

WTF, I thought thats what "they" said about the AK.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct...it is only the "D" model that is banned here.

SGtar15

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's definately in the running.  3 in one day in alabama last year.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's definately in the running.  3 in one day in alabama last year.

Hmmm,  how much extra does it cost for one with the "cop-killer" designation?  Does that come ingraved on the stock?  

God I hate those assholes.   ETA: VPC and thier mouthpieces that is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top