Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:51:27 PM EDT
I have a $1 bill that says Silver Certificate on the top, as opposed to whatever the hell a normal dollar says. I've heard that silver certificates are somewhat rare..any truth to this?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Silver Certicicates were last printed in 1957.  They are not common, but not rare either.  They are worth a little more that a standard dollar in a collecting sort of way, depending on condition, series, etc. Silver Certificate were issued in denominations up to $10.

Some current values
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Rare in the you dont see them everyday, but not worth the big money.

A friend of mine has a few with the Red instead of blue mark.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just looked at that link that was posted, mine is a 1934 $1. Seems to be one of the most valuable $1 bills. Not quite at the top of the list, but still.. Sweet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rare in the you dont see them everyday, but not worth the big money.

A friend of mine has a few with the Red instead of blue mark.

Red are US notes and Maroon/Blood/Brown are National Bank or Federal Reserve Bank notes.

Types of money.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got 25 Iraqi Dinars with SH's pic on it, what is it worth?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think I might have a few of those laying around as well. I have some money from saudi and uae and several other sandbox countries.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Actually I've seen them sell for $5+ as novelties, again depending on condition.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't even know how I wound up with this one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top