Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 9:38:29 PM EDT
Since I have nothing to do but sit here at work and think of stranger things.  I went ahead and thought of some thing.  Now lets see if I can articulate this correctly.

Way way back in the day (I’m a poet)  the French aristocracy where removed from power and replaced since they where unable to play well with others within their domain, along with others.  Now this mistreatment happened over a bit of time then the people got fed up and decided to stick it in there….. umm no no place.  But since they had no cameras no pictures where taken.  The people revolted.  But since they didn’t wash enough they where revolting as well.

And know us.  I think, I might be alone on this but then maybe not.  The US .gov is going in that direction to do what ever they want piece by piece to protect their power base from slipping away by passing things that we would never have dreamed of.  Like others have mention here before, laws (some not all) are only designed to make good men criminal.

So the question(s) in my mind is / are:

Will there be another armed revolution on US soil in the near or distant future?

And in what form would it take?

Army against Army or an insurgence of some form like we see in other nations?

Would it be the people against the “MAN” or against the populace like the pussies that shall be left nameless?

Will these future revolutionaries play it smart and cut of the head of the serpent while playing up the political side of it at the same time?  And during the course of these events will they leave the populace untouched as much as possible to win them to their side?

Then again will we be herded for ever like sheep into the slaughter house of a proverbial prison of laws and legislation prohibiting us from doing anything.  Beware the rubber band might take out an eye.

My .02 and the life of boredom.

And to the .gov reading this
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as most people have food and entertainment not much will happen.  if they piss off a lrage group of people something might happen.  

The goal of any group that goes against rhe goverment would need to be hrtung the system that keeps the people in food and entertainment.  Becuase of this its going to be going against companies and the goverment.

Alot of people will not to willing to do this for various reasons.  Someone who has thier job, family, house and pets wont be up for losing all that over just one thing.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I agree with you there.  To many people don't bother to look past the trivial niceties that are present in their lives and would not give a damn as long as their MTV and trips to the mall are not interupted for to long.

Hell one school is banning rubber bands another will soon ban pencils when a student gets stabbed with one, another will ban books when another students gets beaten to death with a math book.  But keep the Cable on and the stores full of the latest consumer products and this nation will go down in flames with out a care what goes on within the walls of our goverment.  

Generally speaking of course  there are thouse that do care what the .gov does but for the most part can care less if they are entertained for the rest of their lives.

Some times I wish the zombies would rise up and just go after the stupid people.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I expect attacks on power, shopping places, cable stations and stadiums would be more effective in results then a military/goverment type target for anyone who attempts it, and much easier too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Even though it would be easier, would that win over the people to the side of the revolutionary.

Plus going against the establishment you are trying to over through will make you more lagit than some one killing and or harming the civilian population.

Take Iraq as an example.  Its one thing to go against  troops or an established government but its a different game when you bring in the non-combatants and start putting them in harms way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top