Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 7:33:46 PM EDT
All you Military folfs.... How far is a Click..? I was just watching Tears of the Sun and he made a refference to "12 Clicks". I've heard it before elsewhere too.

Thanks - Travis
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It is one kilometer
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
1 Kilometer
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
One Kilometer

Im not if the military though
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
.621 miles

1 Kilometer or 1000 meters
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh... I thought the title of the thread was to get me to click on it.
It worked.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
.621 miles

1 Kilometer or 1000 meters

Thanks... I was just getting ready to ask what a Kilometer was.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It's spelled klick, incidentally.

European bastards and their moronic measurement systems are so ass-backwards they have to come up with stupid ways of saying the terms faster. Nobody wants to say kilometer, they say klick. Nobody wants to say kilogram, they say kilo.

Just use the imperial system like we do and you used to for centuries and quit trying desperately to be different, you pompous little monkeys! Nobody has to come up with a shorter way of saying mile or pound or gallon, and maybe you'd like spelling ton in a way that makes phonetic sense.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
One turn on the bevel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

European bastards and their moronic measurement systems are so ass-backwards they have to come up with stupid ways of saying the terms faster. Nobody wants to say kilometer, they say klick. Nobody wants to say kilogram, they say kilo.

Just use the imperial system like we do and you used to for centuries and quit trying desperately to be different, you pompous little monkeys! Nobody has to come up with a shorter way of saying mile or pound or gallon, and maybe you'd like spelling ton in a way that makes phonetic sense.

Sounds like you have been holding that in for some time now. Bet it feels good to be set Free...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oh... I thought the title of the thread was to get me to click on it.
It worked.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i deal with both units of measurment ... and i find the whole si stuff way easier to use than the english units ... i could care less about abreviating it ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top