Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 6:02:31 PM EDT
I am new to this forum but at times I have seen a blatant lack of regard for its users. It is reminiscent of when I was a rookie cop and I met a lifelong security guard while responding to a B/E call. I requested the SO secure the front entrance of the store while I swept the premises. A few seconds later I hear yelling, and a big boom. This SO went out to his car to retrieve his personal .357 magnum and when the actor approached him he drew down. The actor cussed at him and ran by him, so the SO yells back, but he accidentally discharged the weapon while putting it in his pants so he could give chase. The subsequent events caused a loss of a large meaty portion of the left thigh, penis, and the right testicle. I hope some of the mods can learn from this story and not pull their gat out prematurely just to give chase to an idiot who isn’t worth losing their balls over.

I have not attacked anyone here, I just think that sometimes the mods can be a little overzealous. The major responsibility of a mod is to stop something from getting out of control, or to assist when violations occur,  not to weigh their own opinion so heavy handedly. Geez, I hope I don't get banned for this. I have now put my flak jacket on, cause I am sure it's gonna come in handy!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
just started posting again tonight....and after what's apparently been going on.........

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wise words indeed.........

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody, somehow, will be offended by this...

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF?

I must have missed something.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just glad to see that somebody with 158 posts is confident enough to tell us what is wrong with the site.

Apparently the CavArms crew stepped way over the line in the opinion of some of the significant decision makers around here.  Appaarently achieving the old heave ho.  Unlike other sites, Mods can't do that here.  So I guess they forgot that they were playing in the Avila's sandbox and crapped in it and the Avilas sent them home.  since it is the Avila's sand box they can do that.

I guess the lesson to be learned is that just because you think certain subjects are PC doesn't mean you can ignore the feelings and sensitivities of others.  In other words blatant    phobic postings of most kinds are gonna git you looked at.    You wanna do that, there are plenty of other places you can, a modicum of civility is expected around here.  

If the OWNER of the "business"  causes his "customers" to look elsewhere, then oh well.  I happen to like it here because unlike a lot of gunboards we don't generally have to wade through rampant racism and other bigotry to get the desired content.

Me I don't know exactly what happened, and I get my hand spanked by the Mods a few times a year, but then I generally know when I'm dancing by the line.  So if they kept it up after the hints, well duh, they got clobbered.  

For the new guys stick around a while longer you'll see the moderators are generally pretty straight forward , and better than the moderators on a lot of sites.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Somebody, somehow, will be offended by this...

IBTL

+1 have to say it...

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]
You know I hate it when post count comes into play. I am sorry that I cannot post 200 times a day and that I have a job and a family. I enjoy this site for what it is, information and recreation! I do not live on here like it seems a moderate majority of people do. I come to post topics that concern me, information that I may need, and last but not least a great EE forum. I have decided to give it 1 year before I pay for membership, I won't explain my reason for that. I was trying to light heartedly poke fun at the AZ issue. But in the past few months  there has been one or two times where I have been openly criticized by mods, for no good reason other than showing off to the masses. I have a younger brother that posted on my account. He made a certain reference to a TP and his limited experience with one. Mods got all over that one and ran him away from the site. 1 less member....big deal! But it does reflect on the current climate here. Most mods are doing a bang up job and some others need to take it easy. I had one mods invite me to another AR15.com forum because of some of the crap that some mods deal out. That says there are some problems amongst their own kind. God Bless.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You know I hate it when post count comes into play. I am sorry that I cannot post 200 times a day and that I have a job and a family. I enjoy this site for what it is, information and recreation! I do not live on here like it seems a moderate majority of people do. I come to post topics that concern me, information that I may need, and last but not least a great EE forum. I have decided to give it 1 year before I pay for membership, I won't explain my reason for that. I was trying to light heartedly poke fun at the AZ issue. But in the past few months  there has been one or two times where I have been openly criticized by mods, for no good reason other than showing off to the masses. I have a younger brother that posted on my account. He made a certain reference to a TP and his limited experience with one. Mods got all over that one and ran him away from the site. 1 less member....big deal! But it does reflect on the current climate here. Most mods are doing a bang up job and some others need to take it easy. I had one mods invite me to another AR15.com forum because of some of the crap that some mods deal out. That says there are some problems amongst their own kind. God Bless.

Have you explained to them that "your"  an LEO   ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Apparently the CavArms crew stepped way over the line in the opinion of some of the significant decision makers around here. Appaarently achieving the old heave ho.

HA

Apparently you are not up to date on the situation........
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you explained to them that "your"  an LEO   ?

"Your" what is an Leo?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm just glad to see that somebody with 158 posts is confident enough to tell us what is wrong with the site.

Quoted:

Give us a break already. 158 posts and 5 months of membership hardly makes you any sort of authority on how to suggest this site be operated. What you lack is context, knowledge, experience in how things have been handled here in the past. Wow, so you were criticized here once or twice. Where are you a cop at, Mayberry? Maybe we could go back to the days when someone would post a scat pic in your thread so you can appreciate what unmoderated behavior looks like.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
So I can put the popcorn down now?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Maybe we could go back to the days when someone would post a scat pic in your thread so you can appreciate what unmoderated behavior looks like.

j/k, that's disturbing
EPOCH

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Maybe we could go back to the days when someone would post a scat pic in your thread so you can appreciate what unmoderated behavior looks like.

Wow a Frank the spank reference. Jesus, that was rank. Of course the Mcuzi / Hangfire thing was a blast.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Cops still call bad guys "Actors"???????
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give us a break already. 158 posts and 5 months of membership hardly makes you any sort of authority on how to suggest this site be operated. What you lack is context, knowledge, experience in how things have been handled here in the past. Wow, so you were criticized here once or twice. Where are you a cop at, Mayberry? Maybe we could go back to the days when someone would post a scat pic in your thread so you can appreciate what unmoderated behavior looks like.

Yeah, you shouldn’t be allowed to bitch until you’re a tenth level fighter/magicuser (5000 posts).
Then, your sheer post volume will make up for the intelligence, knowledge and basic courtesy that are normally considered mandatory for an adult conversation when participants don’t have the protection and anonymity an internet forum offers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah, you shouldn’t be allowed to bitch until you’re a tenth level fighter/magicuser (5000 posts).
Then, your sheer post volume will make up for the intelligence, knowledge and basic courtesy that are normally considered mandatory for an adult conversation when participants don’t have the protection and anonymity an internet forum offers.

How come the only ones that say shit like that  ----------- only have a few posts ???
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

How come the only ones that say shit like that  ----------- only have a few posts ???

I can’t speak for all of the others that say that but for me I evaluate what someone says based on what they say, not based on their post count.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
WTF?

+1

The Trolls were getting out of hand.  The site was getting out of hand.  The Mods have done a great job of riening everything back in.  The site appears to be running smoothly again. and now people are starting to complain about heavy handed Mods.  They tried being light handed.  It didn't work.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can’t speak for all of the others that say that but for me I evaluate what someone says based on what they say, not based on their post count.

Well -----------------------
I am going to have to agree with you -----------
CavVet as an example , use to post good stuff . Then one day  ------ something happened.

So ----------  I guess you're right.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#24]
actually my personal favorite is the

November 2004

while sometimes it's rightly deserved, often it's the ARFCOM equivalent of losing an arguement and just saying "FAG!"  It's a cop out...  

EPOCH

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF?

+1

The Trolls were getting out of hand.  The site was getting out of hand.  The Mods have done a great job of riening everything back in.  The site appears to be running smoothly again. and now people are starting to complain about heavy handed Mods.  They tried being light handed.  It didn't work.  

But didn't we have some sort of a big troll hunt not to long ago?  I have seen it mentioned in a couple of threads lately.  Did alot of them slip thru or was it alot worse before?  

November 2004

Ha!
see i did it to myself

EPOCH  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Instead of posting all day and all night some poisonous members might try getting laid, I hear it's great for getting rid of the brown stains from around your nose and mouth.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We all certainly realize how mature and polite it is to wander into someone else's house and immediately start criticizing how they sent their kid to bed without supper for cursing or how they have their furniture arranged.

Don't fret, I wouldn't say anything differently to your face. We'd just have the benefit of tone, inflection, and physical expression. Let's also not forget you are basically complaining about the discipline of those who have chosen to use racial slurs. Is that considered being knowledgable, mature, and polite company, too?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Instead of posting all day and all night some poisonous members might try getting laid, I hear it's great for getting rid of the brown stains from around your nose and mouth.

You might try getting laid instead of sticking your foot in your mouth, too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might try getting laid instead of sticking your foot in your mouth, too.

oohhhhhh it hurts, the pain, the pain I cannot stand it. Who yanked your friggin chain.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#30]
persoanl attacks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top