Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 5:45:50 PM EDT
serryjw  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-10-05 09:15 PM
Original message
Why is no one outraged over 60 Minutes last night?

The SOB's frighten America with all this terrorist Bushit, they sell the country down the river and did you hear what Ashcrack did? (even I didn't know this).

quote........
"The real question here is we do not know who has these terribly destructive rifles," says Diaz. "No one in the United States government knows who has these guns."

"Aren't records kept when a gun is sold," asks Bradley.

"The answer is no," says Diaz.

Under the Brady Bill, sales records of guns used to be kept for 90 days, which enabled the FBI to check the names of gun purchasers against terror watch lists.

A year ago, at Attorney General John Ashcroft’s initiative, Congress reduced the period of record keeping from 90 days to 24 hours. That’s the policy that’s in effect today.

BrklynLiberal  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-10-05 09:24 PM
Response to Original message

3. So much for keeping us safer. Wonder how many people know that.

"A year ago, at Attorney General John Ashcroft’s initiative, Congress reduced the period of record keeping from 90 days to 24 hours. That’s the policy that’s in effect today."

charlie  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-10-05 09:35 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. I wonder how many know about

Ashcroft blocking the FBI from using purchase records to see if any of the 1000+ suspected terrorists he'd rounded up had bought a gun. It's okay to hold these guys without charge or trial, but he draws the line at invading their privacy w/regard to their weapons-buying habits

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Michael Moore twisted the Bush Administration's lack of support for mandatory ballistic fingerprinting.  He claimed that Bush opposed the very practice of ballistic forensics in homocide investigations.  One of the more disgusting lies I've ever heard him tell.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
"Bashing Ashcroft for following the law with regards to the NICS   "

"A year ago, at Attorney General John Ashcroft’s initiative, Congress reduced the period of record keeping from 90 days to 24 hours. That’s the policy that’s in effect today.
"
Maybe they are bashing him due to him introducing a change in the law. Not that he is enforcing the law as it was re-written at his request.
?

Either way, I thought the FFL keeps those records as long as he keeps his FFL.
?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
They revere anything that is anti-freedom.  They are the enemy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
AG Ashcroft is a truly great American.  No matter what the future holds for our great nation, he deserves an enduring place of honor for his defense of our God-given right to keep and bear arms in these perilous times.

All Ashcroft bashers can FOAD as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I fear the day that the radical left comes to power in this country.

May it never come to pass!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top