Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 5:29:13 PM EDT
Not to be confused with my other thread where the guy buts a gernade in it.

The damn thing quite spinning.  It fills and drains fine, but won't spin the tub, the agetator just spins, any ideas on how to fix it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Ours broke a few days ago too. The bearings are shot. Its like 800$ to repair so we are just getting a new one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it only spinning one way? If so it could be the dogs. Say which type it is.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear the motor spinning, it spins the hell out of the little agetator, but won't spin the whole tub to sling the water out.  Do these things have a transmission type thing
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
open it up, you may find some of your lost socks binding it up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably some kinda of u-joint or coupling in between the motor and gearbox/transmission. Most washing machines don't have belts, only dryers. I would investigate more closely and try and fix it myself. Might save some bucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top