Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 3:33:32 PM EDT
Is there any such thing as a transferable MP5?

If so, what is the value?

I'm not even going to pretend that I have any intention of buying one. The State of Michigan has determined that it is better if the people of Michigan don't have machine guns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Greetings,
"Is there any such thing as a transferable MP5?"
Yes, they are made from an HK94 (or sometimes stretched from an SP89).
Whether using a registered sear or being a registered receiver, they are currently running in the $12,000 - $14,000 range.
Check out www.subguns.com and www.sturmgewehr.com for current sales and pricing.

Oznog53
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Anywhere from 10,000 to 17,000 depending on the version, condition and who did the conversion.

All form 4 MP5s are converted HK94s, which (and I may be wrong) I believe is due to the GCA of '68 banning the sale of importation of machine guns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, I know a place that has a non-conversion, all-German H&K MP5K for sale. PM for the website, they've got lots of really awesome stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
now the big question, Can i go 60 mos on one?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
MP-5 is available as "registered receiver", those that accept std pin on MG lowers,  "registered sear", those that have a "sear" installed to the semi-auto trigger pack,  "registered trigger pack", somebody put a serial number on a MG trigger pack.  

There is a few draw backs to the various types, so if somebody knows the address to the HK Pro?? or whatever it is, there is good info to be had there,  I have only followed a link off subguns to the trigger pack/sear story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top