Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:49:31 PM EDT
maybe one of you guys can answer this, since i don't know a thing about how these organizations work...all i know is the active duty side of the house.

anyhow, one of the guys i work with picked up the flu (as well as myself, might i add) and missed his duty weekend (drill). he has been flipping out because he hasn't heard back from his unit, even though he told them a couple of days before he was sick. he never missed his weekends before, so he is pretty wound up about what might happen to him.

i think he should be alright, since he has a doctor's note verifying, but then again, i don't know how that side of the house works. any of you guard or reserve guys know?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
this is for the guard if you miss your drill they can get the sheriff to arrest you. I have never seen it done at my unit especially if he called but it is within their power.

ETA: i believe you can miss a certain amount and be ok, this guy will be fine especially if he has a MD's note.

they probably were just sitting around shooting the shit all weekend, nothing to get worried about.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
this is for the guard if you miss your drill they can get the sheriff to arrest you. I have never seen it done at my unit especially if he called but it is within their power.

ETA: i believe you can miss a certain amount and be ok, this guy will be fine especially if he has a MD's note.

they probably were just sitting around shooting the shit all weekend, nothing to get worried about.

wow, i did not know they did that. i guess they can consider you AWOL for not being there...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
if he called in, and has a doctor's note, I am sure he will be fine.

The Guard authorizes you so many missed MUTA (basically there are two MUTAs every day of drill, if it's a Saturday, Sunday drill that's four MUTAs, add a Friday afternoon and it's a MUTA 5)  

I think it's like 4 or 5 that he can miss.  Most likely they'll make him do split training, he'll have to come in sometime during the month and make up the training.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It depends on the unit. If he called in and has not gotten a real response he should call his next real leader (plt sgt, section sgt) and tell him what happened and that he has a doctor's note.

He should also ask about making up his drills.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
he didn't call the unit, but he emailed both his CO and readiness NCO telling them what was going on, since they are the ones to contact if there is ever any issues at this unit.

oh yeah, i hear you guys get paid for 4 days of pay for 2 day work? could you drill more and make more money?

the guard/reserves seems like a nice thing to do...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the guard/reserves seems like a nice thing to do...

he should have called that was a mistake, if he is wondering why they haven't called him its probably because they didn't get his email.

the guard is OK, i hear the reserves are a whole lot better because they get more funding but there are mostly support.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm Reserves, but we have people who occasionally get tied up in other things and can't make it.

He should be able to reschedule for a make up training block no problem.  With the doc's note, and since he notified his unit, he should be good to go.

EDIT:  Tell him to call his unit ASAP.  As long as he has an excuse and is attempting to get a hold of his unit, I don't think anything bad can happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
If you miss 9 drills then there is trouble in the reserves. If you contacted them or have a doctors excuse then you can make up the drills you missed and be fine.

There are 4 drills per weekend.

NO we dont get paid for 4 days work! We are there Saturday and Sunday but it is considered 4 drills.

NO you can't drill more. You can volunteer for any missions. We have sent people to Germany for 2 weeks and to Cali. for training. Good pay for younger folks!

They are now offering $15,000 for a 6 year enlistment! I rejoined about 9 months ago for only $5,000! THAT SUCKS!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have personally seen the cops out to get someone, not me, of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top