Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:36:13 PM EDT
I'm not going to say the kind of gun or where I got it so the thread doesn't get carried away, but what would you do if you had a gun that was not working correctly and you had the choice of sending it to get warranty work done or having the distributor send a brand new gun. Warranty work will only cost me shipping and a new gun will cost me shipping both ways and another pistol transfer. What if I get a new gun and that one need doesn't perform well. Then I am out even more bucks. Let me know. I'm on the fence about this one. New one sounds good but it will cost. Warranty might be able to get her fixed up and I'd only be out shipping.  Thanks,  Terry

Added a poll for shits and giggles
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what is wrong with the pistol..
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
it definately depends on the problems you are having with the pistol and what company it is from. Many times good companies will completely re-work guns that are sent in for repair making them quite a bit better than the normals ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's a 1911, I'd take it as a sign that it's time you ventured into pistolsmithing.

If not, send it back.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheaper to keep 'er. Fix it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, It's a Steyr M9 and I'm having severe extraction problems. Not really an uncommon thing with this pistol in the beginning, but my problems are not going away. There have been some that send it to get fixed and it runs like a charm and others have got them back with them still jamming. Terry
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd get the brand new one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any experience with Steyr's service center?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I would contact them up, and explain the problem, and see what they say, and then take it from there. Gun South used to be the exclusive importers for Steyer. Your pistol shouldn't have any problems out of the box.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd get the brand new one.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Send it back for a new one and eat the extra costs
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Id get a new one.

I just sent back part of my XD for warrenty refinishing here, but that was just cosmetic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top