Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:24:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link does not work
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so i read the thread......what in the world is going on over there?

Flashluight thread locked?

GarryOwen banned?

CavArms quit the site?

What did we miss?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok, so i read the thread......what in the world is going on over there?

Flashluight thread locked?

GarryOwen banned?

CavArms quit the site?

What did we miss?

Not quite sure, but it's turning ugly fast.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]

I'd still rather live in AZ than in IL.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn. This isn't good.

As a simple open appeal to Staff, Mods, and Owners: PLEASE figure this out quickly. I think we may be beginning to lose good members over trivial issues or misunderstandings among those involved. Do we REALLY want that to happen?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Hint:

If more folks would bridle their tongues, and treat this site like something more than the boy's locker room, none of this would happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure how in this situation we're going to gain five.....Looks like a bunch of crap to me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
BUMP - An I would also rather live in AZ over IL - AND I live in Montana now anyhoo!

lol

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Its always been said that for every one we lose, we gain 5.  Based upon that, what would you do?  As of now, the bad that you see occuring is outweighed by the benefits.

Well, I don't know where that statistic comes from, or even if it's true. My point is simply that we should try every means possible to ensure that:

1) Board policies are being applied consistently across boards and mods.

2) That the people we are tossing or driving away truly are those who deserve it.

I fear that we may be failing in both of these, and all I ask is for the powers that be to review what's going on take appropriate action(s) as necessary. That's all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No surprise.

I decided not to renew my membership after I was verbally attacked by one of the elite protected members and when I changed my sig to

member's name is a judgemental prick

I got threatened by SENIOR STAFF and told it had to be removed.  No, they would not remove the elite protected member's comment, either.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
They were talking about flashlights being used as clubs.  WTF was wrong with that?  Why the hell else does someone have a MAGLight?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I get suprised on here quite often now, balzac was the biggest for me so far.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy crap - I knew things were getting out of hand when I got an IM saying I was no longer to use the "SIIHPAPP" comment that used to be popular here (and of course is still in my sigline).

I wonder what it would cost to start my own ar15.com site, where there are very few rules and moderators?  My wife actually suggested it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
It should not be any surprise that the rules are not applied uniformly. Maybe it's just my tinfoil hat starving my brain of oxygen but this board appears to be pretty clique-ish to me - not that it's not a bigger problem elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Holy crap - I knew things were getting out of hand when I got an IM saying I was no longer to use the "SIIHPAPP" comment that used to be popular here (and of course is still in my sigline).

I wonder what it would cost to start my own ar15.com site, where there are very few rules and moderators?  My wife actually suggested it.

it already exists.

www.pre-ban.com

txl
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]
ah nothing like the smell of monthly purges in the morning........
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#21]
All these years i never knew the common expression used by rednecks was a slur

HONKY _ONK no more Honky _onkin

just joken
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
This is all Imbroglio's fault.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok, I read the thread, but someone got the cliff notes for the drama?  Don't see how comments about crack'n skulls with a maglite would be a banning offense so figure there has be more to this story Something about _onk's as a racial slur?  

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'ts always been said that for every one we lose, we gain 5.  

Has it also been said that for every industry sponsor that you chase away, you gain five more?  I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Its always been said that for every one we lose, we gain 5.  Based upon that, what would you do?  As of now, the bad that you see occuring is outweighed by the benefits.

Hey, if you guys like gaining 5 pre-pube trolls for every 1 long time team member you lose, have fun.

That's really shitty math you got there.

Let's just rename the place AR-$$.com.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has it also been said that for every industry sponsor that you chase away, you gain five more?  I doubt it.

Hey, don't look at me.  I was just passing it along.

I wasn't saying "you" in the personal sense, just in the editorial sense, as in the website in general.  We can afford to lose some members on principle.  We can't afford to lose many industry sponsors.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Isn't this what started happening over at ak-47.net?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I fail to see the issue if this was truely about hitting people with maglites. In the last week there have been several threads on cutting throats, and killing with hatchets, tomahawks, and other silent weapons. There are daily threads about killing people. Frankly, I find hitting someone with a flashlight to be rather tame in comparisson with other means that are frequently discussed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  When this went from being a labor of love to a cash cow, things started going in the shitter.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Everybody should take a few minutes and calm down.

The site and all involved deserve it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe, just maybe, senior staff DOES know what it's doing, and MAYBE it would be better if we all got 'on board' and helped them, for the good of the site?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe, just maybe, senior staff DOES know what it's doing, and MAYBE it would be better if we all got 'on board' and helped them, for the good of the site?

Having been a silent and fairly neutral witness to the goings-on in the AZHTF of late, the answer to your question would be an emphatic no. It certainly appears that the involved staff has their collective heads up their collective asses.

Power...it's a helluva drug.

As has been stated, this is not the AR15.com that many of us came to know and love.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how many industry partners have done as much for shooting, this site, and its members as Cav Arms?

And what impact will this have with Cav Arms now being part of Armalite?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I'm a victim of the double standard (one for us, one for the inner clique).  

They can do whatever they want, but I'm just going to suck their bandwidth and surf their site without paying them a dime
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Thought about it .........
Nope. Wrong on this one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

As much as I respect you, my friend, THAT statement sounds like something that Goebbels, Stalin, Mao, or Kofi Annan would say.

No disrespect intended.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Everybody should take a few minutes and calm down.

The site and all involved deserve it.

wow, in the last week I have agreed with cy like 4 times...
but putting a lot of weight behind what the AZ guys are saying... They know more of the story than most here

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, maybe it's high time to revert to using ARFCOM as a resource for information, and some of the other sites for recreation?

I support this site, and I support Freedom.  I fail to see how they are mutually exclusive, especially in the troubled times we live.

No one is promoting violence or hatred against the innocent.

But how many cheeks are folks to turn before they stand and defend themselves and their property against an illegal foreign invasion?

People who have never spent time on the border will never understand.  Plain and simple.  

I don't care who you are, what college degree you have, or what internet site you own.  If you haven't been there, you haven't been there.

ETA: Former NOGALES, AZ resident  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Another shining example of 'why buy the cow when you get the milk for free'

Who wants to pay money to be abused by megalomaniacs?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Just a lot of Staff Taunting going on over there.  That's all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, don't look at me.  I was just passing it along.

Is this attitidue from the Mod/Staff area of the site?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Origanilly posted by: arowneragain
Hint:

If more folks would bridle their tongues, and treat this site like something more than the boy's locker room, none of this would happen.

+1

originally posted by: Zaphod
Well, I don't know where that statistic comes from, or even if it's true. My point is simply that we should try every means possible to ensure that:

2) That the people we are tossing or driving away truly are those who deserve it.

I fear that we may be failing in both of these, and all I ask is for the powers that be to review what's going on take appropriate action(s) as necessary. That's all.

Who should determine who "truly" deserves it?  the members? the team members?
The people who should decide are the ones that due decide.  The Avila's own this site, and can get rid of who they wish.  Despite popular belief they don't get rid of people for NO reason.  The guilty pay the price here.  The staff and Mods appear to do the job well.  

The whole flashlight thing is being dummied up in my belief.  The thread that GarryOwens was locked for was related to another post I'm sure.  What ever you guys in AZ call a ceratin ethnic group is your own business.  If that name comes from the sound a certain object makes when you batter them with a deadly weapon, so be it.  But if the owners don't want it here, then don't do it here.  This is not your house.  If you wish to shit in your own house please do, but not in the Avila's house.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, if you guys like gaining 5 pre-pube trolls for every 1 long time team member you lose, have fun.

That's really shitty math you got there.

Let's just rename the place AR-$$.com.

So true.  I've become so much more of a lurker because of this.  Too many people post garbage. I'll find out later in other non related threads that alot of these people are not even old enough to buy a handgun.  This site is filled with 17,18, and 19 year olds.  What's wrong with that you ask?  Nothing if you want an uniformed, unexperienced, untested, unintelligent answer.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#49]

1 word

2 Site Staph
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

originally posted by: Zaphod

Who should determine who "truly" deserves it?  the members? the team members?
The people who should decide are the ones that due decide.  The Avila's own this site, and can get rid of who they wish.  Despite popular belief they don't get rid of people for NO reason.  The guilty pay the price here.  The staff and Mods appear to do the job well.  

You'll get no argument from me on that, but I don think that when incidents like this happen, perceptions are important. At the time, it looked as if people had been banned for apparently silly reasons.

I am quite certain there was more to it, and it has already been admitted that Aimless "overreacted". (NAH! THAT never happens! ).

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is mostly closed. What remains to be done, IMO, is some fence-mending and perhaps some clarification of rules.

That all said, I agree 100% that the Avila's are as close to God as you can get on this board, and that's just the way it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top