Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 10:03:26 AM EDT
I had the cable guys come to bury some cables that were strung all over my back yard.  I offered water, coffee, soda, then beer.  They finished the job and put the 6 beers I put out in their pockets and left.  I hope I made their day!!  I used to do apartment matenance and got lots of free beer and a couple of dinners. Do you guys give workers stuff?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Most workers I know won't take stuff... They are advised not to take stuff, some people have a real problem with the utility companies.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
A couple of years ago we had a major ice storm, and crews from St. Louis came to restore our power in Overland Park. They were actually out there working during the Rams/Patriot Super Bowl. I offered to let them come in and watch the game, but they were all humpin' to get the work done. I made sure that they had plenty of hot and cold drinks, and that if they needed anything, just ask.

Oh, yeah. My Dad was a lineman for Kansas City Power & Light for >20 years, so I have a soft spot in my heart for utility workers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top