Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 7:25:52 AM EDT
I will disclose to the Arfcom community that I am a master chef when it comes to deer.  I can cook some venison!  I've got 5 trays of deer jerky cooking at home, some marinated in lemon/pepper garlic, and the rest in teriaki sauce.  I left one tray natural with a dash of salt.

This stuff is goooooooooooooooood

Hokie's secret recipe too!

So what are YOU having for lunch?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just now eating breakfast.

Oatmeal Raisin Crisp.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
chips
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Chicken soup with rice.

Homemade.

Yummy.

Eric The(Weakened)Hun

but nothing will make you stronger faster than chicken soup with rice!  Go git em ETH and get well already!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will disclose to the Arfcom community that I am a master chef when it comes to deer.  I can cook some venison!  I've got 5 trays of deer jerky cooking at home, some marinated in lemon/pepper garlic, and the rest in teriaki sauce.  I left one tray natural with a dash of salt.

Nothing
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Chicken soup with rice.

Homemade.

Yummy.

Eric The(Weakened)Hun

I'll be having what he's having. Except mine will be coming from a can.

Oh well, I never have time for a decent lunch. But I sure as hell make up for the lack of sufficient lunch with supper........or as you city folks call it, 'dinner'.

-CH
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Spaghetti with a FatTire beer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Gimme some deer recipes Oh Mighty Chef of Deer!!
Please......
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Mmmmmmm....venison! I'm eating tater tot hot dish that my wife cooked me yesterday.

But she also cooks some mean venison as well. Last week I had some beef rice with venison tips, venison stir fry, and venison tenderloin steak
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ll probably go get my usual “Ultimate Club” sandwich from Blimpie. I don’t seem to ever tire of it. It’s basically a grilled sub with ham, turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese, and whatever you want on it. Personally, I prefer lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Pasta with garlic, butter, parsley, and parmasean cheese.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the mood for a Town Topic double cheeseburger (mustard, pickle and onion only), rings and Diet Coke. There may be pie, too, if the coconut creme looks good. Afterward, a little slap-and-tickle with the boobalicious secretary. There may be pie there, too. There will not be p**per and ther ewill not be pics.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gimme some deer recipes Oh Mighty Chef of Deer!!
Please......

No can do SpecOp, I'd compromise the safety of others.  It's a closely guarded secret.  The recipe was handed down from generation to generation and must remain in the bloodline or disappear into history.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of my wife's homemade lasagna.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Still breakfast time here in Pacific Standard Time.  I am having oatmeal with raisin and cinnamon, with a glass of orange juice.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate you Hokie

though I am having a homemade chicken, bacon, and potato soup.  mmm mmm good
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Had a late breakfast...instant oatmeal...got 3lbs of jerky drying, ready in an hour.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Pics???

WTF, you know the rules!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Not sure about lunch.  But for supper I will lightly brown two high quality pork loins and then finish slow cooking them in the oven in a bed of top quality sauerkraut.  Serve them up with a nice side of baby red potatoes smothered in butter.  Oh...and those pork loins go so well with a dash of tobassco sauce on them.  YUMMY.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm having some Chicken Rice-A-Roni and a couple vodka martinis.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#21]
2 baked taters with lots of butter and cheese.

butter makes it better.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got done with a meal of leftover wild turkey breast from last night's dinner, chopped up and added to a bowl of Ramen noodles - wasn't bad...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#23]
We eat alot of venison in my house - probably twice per week for the entire year, on average - so, one learns how to make it different ways... Amongst household favs are:

chili
spaghetti
lasagna
stir-fry(several different types)
fajitas
deer steak and eggs
marinated backstraps on the grill(my favorite)
stew
tacos
nachos
shredded BBQ on rolls
pot roast

That's just off the top of my head - I also have a couple of LARGE summer sausage sticks made up each year, cut 'em up, and freeze them - goes great with some jalapeno cheese, mustard and crackers...

Specop_007 - if you see any dishes above that you like, I'll try and share a recipe...

ETH - start slamming that soup, and GET WELL SOON!!!!!

- georgestrings

PS - God bless the whitetail deer - without 'em, I'd likely starve(or atleast not have a gut, hahaha)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#24]
it's not lunch time yet but I plan on eating home made spagetti with meatballs and some French bread
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
We eat alot of venison in my house - probably twice per week for the entire year, on average - so, one learns how to make it different ways... Amongst household favs are:

chili
spaghetti
lasagna
stir-fry(several different types)
fajitas
deer steak and eggs
marinated backstraps on the grill(my favorite)
stew
tacos
nachos
shredded BBQ on rolls
pot roast

That's just off the top of my head - I also have a couple of LARGE summer sausage sticks made up each year, cut 'em up, and freeze them - goes great with some jalapeno cheese, mustard and crackers...

Specop_007 - if you see any dishes above that you like, I'll try and share a recipe...

ETH - start slamming that soup, and GET WELL SOON!!!!!

- georgestrings

PS - God bless the whitetail deer - without 'em, I'd likely starve(or atleast not have a gut, hahaha)

*drool*

My wife makes the shredded BBQ on rolls and she puts jalepenos in the shredded venison. It's absolutely delicious!

The best thing about that is once you make it, it's so easy to make a meal. Just leave the shredded venison roasting in a crock pot and when you get hungry take some out and put it on a home made roll
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Bun with grilled pork and Vietnamese egg role.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top