Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 5:20:29 AM EDT
ZW17, I have ongoing experience with this.  I talked to my neighbor about his barking dog.  Even though I was very polite, it completely ruined an ok relationship.  He was very angry, and basically said that's what dogs do - bark.  If there is a dog ordanance call the police from your cell phone or a pay phone and hope that they don't tell your neighbor who complained.  Some neighbors near me have been having dog issues.  One was a barking dog.  The owner never understood or cared that the dog barked nonstop.  Since the owner was away and couldn't hear the dog, she assumed the complaints were bogus.  The other issue was dogs roaming the neighborhood and crapping on just about everyone's lawn.  I am good friends with the crapper.  He was so angry when someone complained that he couldn't hardly breath.

In short, I have never heard of a dog owner who when confronted with their dog's barking says, 'I'm sorry, I'll take care of that.'  See if you can handle it in some other way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Anti-Freeze is good inside an engine,… but bad inside a barking dog…
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Again, I am not saying that you should do anything illegal.  That could backfire on you.  This subject is extremely controversial.  It is really about manners and respect for others.  Since many (I would say most) people have lost the ability to show respect for others, this dog issue cannot be dealt with in what should be a logical way - talking with the owner.  Call the police or dog enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
In one subdivision in Houston the stray dog problem got so bad the ladies would carry 5’ long sticks during their evening walks for protection for packs of stray dogs.
That is until a buddy moved in with his Ruger 10-22.
He would drive the streets at about 2-4am and shoot the dogs with subsonic rounds.  Inside of a week he said he killed something like 12 dogs.  2-3 a night.  These were big dogs to.  Rots and shepherds.  Not something you want half starved and roaming the streets.    
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He would drive the streets at about 2-4am and shoot the dogs with subsonic rounds.  Inside of a week he said he killed something like 12 dogs.  2-3 a night.  These were big dogs to.  Rots and shepherds.  Not something you want half starved and roaming the streets.    

Does'nt your buddy know that it's illegal to impersonate a police officer?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
and basically said that's what dogs do

saw this and Laughed. Sorry ...off topic but funny...long story short.

Local guy keeps and helps injured Birds of prey. Had a golden eagle in a huge cage in his back yard. Neighbor had big german shepard he let run free (illegal). Dog kept coming into birdmans yard and barked and messed with the eagle. Birdman tells dog owner. Dog owner says there is nothing he can do about it...tells birdman..."HEY...ITS A DOG...WHAT CAN I DO?"...
Birdman goes home...takes eagle out of cage and puts him in middle of yard on a huge T stand and chains it there with a 10 foot chain on leg. Later that day birdman looks out of window and sees eagle sitting on head of dead dog with its claws punched thru head of dog....Birdman takes dead dog to neighbor and lays it on porch...rings bell..dog owner opens door..Birdman tells dog owner..."HEY...ITS A GOLDEN EAGLE...WHAT CAN I DO?"...

haha...the dog owner has another dog...it doesn't run free...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Local guy keeps and helps injured Birds of prey. Had a golden eagle in a huge cage in his back yard. Neighbor had big german shepard he let run free (illegal). Dog kept coming into birdmans yard and barked and messed with the eagle. Birdman tells dog owner. Dog owner says there is nothing he can do about it...tells birdman..."HEY...ITS A DOG...WHAT CAN I DO?"...
Birdman goes home...takes eagle out of cage and puts him in middle of yard on a huge T stand and chains it there with a 10 foot chain on leg. Later that day birdman looks out of window and sees eagle sitting on head of dead dog with its claws punched thru head of dog....Birdman takes dead dog to neighbor and lays it on porch...rings bell..dog owner opens door..Birdman tells dog owner..."HEY...ITS A GOLDEN EAGLE...WHAT CAN I DO?"...                                                             This made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I have found pellet guns to be pretty effective.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In short, I have never heard of a dog owner who when confronted with their dog's barking says, 'I'm sorry, I'll take care of that.'  See if you can handle it in some other way.

Nope. Had to take our neighbors to court after mediation, etc.... You cannot be nice, otherwise you are now the suspect if the dogs get hurt, and you cannot let the asshole walk all over you. In short you have to go nuclear right from the start. It saves alot of pain later.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Birdman goes home...takes eagle out of cage and puts him in middle of yard on a huge T stand and chains it there with a 10 foot chain on leg. Later that day birdman looks out of window and sees eagle sitting on head of dead dog with its claws punched thru head of dog....Birdman takes dead dog to neighbor and lays it on porch...rings bell..dog owner opens door..Birdman tells dog owner..."HEY...ITS A GOLDEN EAGLE...WHAT CAN I DO?"...

A golden eagle can take a dog?!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My understanding is deer too...if they're hungry enough. Golden eagles are BIG...bigger than balds...quite the predators too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My understanding is deer too...if they're hungry enough. Golden eagles are BIG...bigger than balds...quite the predators too.

This is just crap.
First its zombies, then aliens and now I have to worry about Golden Eagles too!!

Ok, lets cut to the chase. What caliber for Golden Eagles?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]
he's not a coke head like mine is he? I'm still trying to trap his dog////
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#13]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

This is just crap.
First its zombies, then aliens and now I have to worry about Golden Eagles too!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 watt plasma rifle
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is just crap.

Heh...well, i know of one guy that shot one with a 375...definitely killed it. Wasn't worth the loss of gun, hunting privs..or fines...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top