Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 4:52:33 AM EDT
if you post into a thread beyond page 3 you aren' even being read... because by then it's been hijacked into a series of 2-way conversation?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
yes.   Unless I have something really constructive, or I am just looking for a +1, I rarly contribute on a 3+ page thread.  Bacause I know I rarely read the entire thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
It really all depends on the nature of the thread and how much I care about the topic. Sometimes the discussions don't get good until several pages in. So if it's a subject I care about, I will both read and respond to every page.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry.  What was the question?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems to me that a lot of long threads are just made up of a pissing contest with one person quoting the other until each post gets ridiculously long.

Unless it's thread with new pictures or a BOTD, I usually won't read past the second page.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm sorry.  What was the question?

Matchgrade,

What do you think the real question is?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It seems to me that a lot of long threads are just made up of a pissing contest with one person quoting the other until each post gets ridiculously long.

Unless it's thread with new pictures or a BOTD, I usually won't read past the second page.

I disagree.

And my dicks bigger.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Few people actually read what I post... Most of it if I make a good point explaining something in more than two sentences.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone watch 24 last night?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It really all depends on the nature of the thread and how much I care about the topic. Sometimes the discussions don't get good until several pages in. So if it's a subject I care about, I will both read and respond to every page.

Definitely agree.  +1

edited- for example, I've read every single response to the "lady pulled a gun on my buddy" thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I always wonder if people read past the first couple of pages, but threads have a tendency to grow well beyond the borders of 3 pages so I'll say people do read past page 3.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes sometimes
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#12]
No...

However I tend to reply to the first post that jumps out at me, and I'll skip the rest 'til later. I know I shouldn't do this but if you're wading through 7 pages and the one that you're responding to is on page 3, sometimes I tend to forget by the time I finish! I do note that I haven't read all the pages yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top