Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 3:51:04 AM EDT
So it's ostensibly being kicked around at high levels of employing tactics used in El Salvador to eradicate the Iraq insurgency at the grassroots level. Hits (assasinations), snatches, roaming undercover teams, etc. Also reminiscent of the highly successful (and controversial) "Phoenix Program" of Vietnam fame. Nicaragua got a taste of it too. It's a "dirty" little program that, if done correctly and seen through, can be highly effective.

Of course the libs are gonna scream about it. "Why, we can't do those things. The horror!"

BULLSHIT!!! Whatever it takes to win. Fuck the "moral high road". Success will not be easy or pretty. If you don't want to see it DON'T LOOK!

Edited to add: The focus will be the Sunni rebels. CIA and SF types teamed up with Peshmerga and Shiite operatives for a little throat slitting and general mayhem in the bad guy's own backyard.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck the liberals and their opinion. Implement the plan now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Worked in Malaya too!

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:07:03 AM EDT
[#3]
According to VC and NVA officials interviewed after the war, nothing screwed them up as much as Phoenix.  It was "controversial" because pro-commies in the press and in the anti-war movement (like that POS Kerry) were pressured by the NVA/VC to protest it.

I used to be a jounalist.  The more I read about my former profession and their ties to commies and other liberals, the more I cam convinced that next to the mass graves of trial lawyers, we should dig ditches for the media.  The 3rd ditch needs to be reserved for Hollywood.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm all for it... it's far more effective than carpet bombing in a war that is so higly covered by the media that ANY non-combatant casualties are a major blemmish on the USA's efforts.

The only problem I can see is the people that are working with the "wet works" operators would have to be higly trusted, and how can you trust any of the savages over there. You don't know if they're truly on your side until after they blow you up while you're in the chow hall eating a sammich. BY then it's too late.

Not to mention, if it's being discussed on here how secret could it be. The whole point of that sort of warfare/operations is the high level of secrecy that they function under.

The fact that those operators are considered the best of the best would mean if they are captured you can guarantee you'd be seeing them literally ripped apart on Al Jazeera (and CNN) for everyone to see.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#6]
As John Paul Vann said during the Vietnam War, "kill the enemy with this (holds up a bayonet), not with this (points to a slide of a B-52 bomber)".

This is a far better means of dealing with a local insurgency than tanks, APC's and fighter bombers. It gets directly to the heart of the problem.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
What I want to  know is why is this even being publicized.  They should just do it and be done.

No need to put out a press release.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice picture of the Sarge there Charging Handle! Havent seen that show for ages.

Who's in charge of this phoenix program in Iraq, us (well, you guys, you know), or the Iraqi authorities? However, wouldn't this just put us down at the same level as that nice Mr Saddam? Are we not then replacing one dictator with another? And we already had a friendly dictator in place there a few years back, I remember selling weapons to him. Didn't seem to do to well in the long run.

Now, I know it wasn't oil, and if we wanted revenge for 9/11 it'd be taking place in Saudi, so if we aren't going for the dictator angle any more, just what did we want to achieve down there?

Sadly I don't have an answer, but the questions can be quite important.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Something similar worked to get Pablo too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard Col. Hunt on Geraldo last night say he felt this plan was leaked by someone in the Pentagon in order to stop it.  He is theorizing that they leaked it now in order to get the usual suspects firmly entrenched against it before it can even start.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice picture of the Sarge there Charging Handle! Havent seen that show for ages.

Who's in charge of this phoenix program in Iraq, us (well, you guys, you know), or the Iraqi authorities? However, wouldn't this just put us down at the same level as that nice Mr Saddam? Are we not then replacing one dictator with another? And we already had a friendly dictator in place there a few years back, I remember selling weapons to him. Didn't seem to do to well in the long run.

Now, I know it wasn't oil, and if we wanted revenge for 9/11 it'd be taking place in Saudi, so if we aren't going for the dictator angle any more, just what did we want to achieve down there?

Sadly I don't have an answer, but the questions can be quite important.

Nah, it don't put us in the same league as Saddam or terrorists. These terrorists indiscrimnately target people. Often times they target civilians. Such a program would target the insurgents directly and in all likelihood would lessen the risk to innocents. A 500 lb bomb dropped from 15,000 feet is more likely to kill innocent people than an individual on the ground with a Ruger .22 pistol. The message it sends is also much stronger and it creates  more fear and distrust among the targeted groups than just about anything you can do. It's called out-guerilla'ing the guerilla and it is brutally effective.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Be careful what you wish for.  I'm in favor of using heavier-handed tactics in Iraq, however, that type of thing can get out of hand.  I've had the opportunity to visit the town of Mozote in El Salvador several times.  I even met the sole survivor.  

The American public thought that putting panties on prisoners heads was bad - if a "Mozote" happened in Iraq, I can't imagine the fallout.  If you never heard of the "El Mozote Massacre" here is a synopsis:

"On 11 December 1981, in the village of El Mozote, units of the Atlacatl Battalion deliberately and systematically killed a group of more than 200 men, women and children, constituting the entire civilian population that they had found there the previous day and had since been holding prisoner."

From the forensic findings in 1992:

The physical evidence from the exhumation of the convent house at El Mozote confirms the allegations of a mass murder. The evidence is as follows:

1. We have identified the presence of 143 skeletal remains, including 136 children and adolescents and 7 adults. The average age of the children was approximately 6 years; there were 6 women, ages 214o, one of whom was in the third trimester of pregnancy, and one man of approximately 50 years of age. There may, in fact, have been a greater number of deaths. This uncertainty regarding the number of skeletons is a resection of the extensive perimortem skeletal injuries, postmortem skeletal damage and associated commingling. Many young infants may have been entirely cremated; other children may not have been counted because of extensive fragmentation of body parts.

2. The skeletons showed evidence of severe trauma, reflecting high velocity gun shot wound injury and postmortem crushing and fire/heat damage.

a. Gun shot injury: Direct skeletal examination showed intact gun shot wounds of entrance in only a few skulls because of the extensive fracturing that is characteristically associated with such high velocity injuries. Skull reconstruction identified many more entrance wounds, but relatively few exit wounds. This is consistent with the ballistic evidence that the ammunition involved in the shootings was a type likely to fragment upon impact, becoming essentially frangible bullets. Radiologic examination of skull bones, including the mandible, demonstrated small metallic densities consistent with bullet fragments in 45.2% (51/115).

In long bones, vertebrae, pelvis and ribs there were defects characteristic of high velocity gun shot wounds. In long bones, these defects typically showed shattering of the bone at the point of impact with longitudinal fractures extending along the shaft. In vertebrae and pelvic bones, concave defects and shattering at the impact site were common. In many cases, evidence of gunshot injury was undoubtedly obscured by postmortem skeletal damage. Small bullet fragments were identified radiologically in 23.3% (12/52) of the post-cranial material examined. Many clearly identified gun shot wounds showed no residual bullet fragments radiologically.

b. Crushing and fire/heat damage: Few skulls were intact, and only 5.5% of the long bones were sufficiently intact to determine diaphyseal length. As described above, there were extensive skull fractures related to the gun shot injuries, with further fracturing due to the combined effects of the fire in the building, the collapse of the roof and the destruction of the walls. The fire was not uniform, being intensely hot in some areas of the room, but showing relative sparing of other portions. This was reflected both by the burn pattern at the crime scene and by the distribution of burning seen on the skeletal remains. Charring of clothing was common, and typical charring and fire fractures of skulls and long bones were noted. There was total destruction of the distal portions of the extremities in many of the victims due to severe postmortem burns. Subsequent to the fire injuries, the weight of the roof tiles and walls of the building produced further postmortem damage to the bodies. It is probable that some young infants (less than X year) may have been completely cremated (based on the lower than expected number of such children recovered), but we can not determine the number.

3. Based on the minimal evidence of postmortem insect activity and lack of evidence of other animal scavenging, the deaths were relatively contemporaneous with one another, and the subsequent fire and burial occurred following a relatively short postmortem interval.

4. The specific cause of death could not be determined in all cases because of the absence of soft tissues, the extent of postmortem skeletal damage and the long postmortem interval. Some of the victims might have been strangled, stabbed or suffocated. However, we found no evidence of cutting or stabbing wounds in the skeletal remains, nor of the type of comminuted, depressed skull fractures common with indicted blunt trauma injury to the head. We have no way of determining if any of the victims were alive at the time of the fire.

5. Two hundred forty five cartridge cases recovered from the El Mozote site were studied. Of these, 184 had discernible headstamps, identifying the ammunition as having been manufactured for the United States Government at Lake City, Missouri. Thirty four cartridges were sufficiently well preserved to analyze for individual as well as class characteristics. All of the projectiles except one appear to have been fired from United States manufactured M-16 rifles; 24 separate weapons were identified, consistent with at least 24 individual shooters. The distribution of the cartridges and projectiles, the pattern of projectile damage to the floor of the convent house, and the specific association of projectiles with the skeletal remains clearly demonstrates that the shooters were firing from within the house, from the doorway, and probably through a window to the right of the door. Some of the children may have been shot outside the house and subsequently dumped inside, but sufficient rounds of ammunition were fired into the house to account for all of the deaths.

6. There is no evidence to support the contention that these victims, almost all young children, were involved in combat or were caught in the crossfire of combat forces. Rather the evidence strongly supports the conclusion that they were the intentional victims of a mass extrajudicial execution.

All of the above opinions are stated with a reasonable degree of medical and scientific certainty. The authors of this report are willing to testify in an appropriate court of law regarding their conclusions in this matter.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#14]
FUCK THE PUSSIFIED "LIBERAL JIHADIST".........THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS

LET THE LIBS STAY ON THE MORAL HIGH GROUND, LET'S GET DOWN WITH THE DIRT AND GET CAVEMAN ON THESE RAGHEADS NOW!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted: Now, I know it wasn't oil, and if we wanted revenge for 9/11 it'd be taking place in Saudi,

Start in Iraq and follow the 'money', ergo Saudia Arabia!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure that these type of ops are already ongoing to some degree, and probably have been for some time. This may be the decision to "ramp it up" to a more widespread and active program. The Shiites and Peshmerga (the latter especially) can be quite vicious. Infiltration and eradication are key to these things being effective. What better way than to have guys who speak the language and look like they fit in as well as any foreign fighter would, and being just a LITTLE prejuidiced about it in the process.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#17]
go for it
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#18]
You'll hear no complaints from me, other than WTF haven't they done it already?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Be careful what you wish for.  I'm in favor of using heavier-handed tactics in Iraq, however, that type of thing can get out of hand.  I've had the opportunity to visit the town of Mozote in El Salvador several times.  I even met the sole survivor.  

The American public thought that putting panties on prisoners heads was bad - if a "Mozote" happened in Iraq, I can't imagine the fallout.  If you never heard of the "El Mozote Massacre" here is a synopsis:

"On 11 December 1981, in the village of El Mozote, units of the Atlacatl Battalion deliberately and systematically killed a group of more than 200 men, women and children, constituting the entire civilian population that they had found there the previous day and had since been holding prisoner."

From the forensic findings in 1992:

The physical evidence from the exhumation of the convent house at El Mozote confirms the allegations of a mass murder. The evidence is as follows:

1. We have identified the presence of 143 skeletal remains, including 136 children and adolescents and 7 adults. The average age of the children was approximately 6 years; there were 6 women, ages 214o, one of whom was in the third trimester of pregnancy, and one man of approximately 50 years of age. There may, in fact, have been a greater number of deaths. This uncertainty regarding the number of skeletons is a resection of the extensive perimortem skeletal injuries, postmortem skeletal damage and associated commingling. Many young infants may have been entirely cremated; other children may not have been counted because of extensive fragmentation of body parts.

2. The skeletons showed evidence of severe trauma, reflecting high velocity gun shot wound injury and postmortem crushing and fire/heat damage.

a. Gun shot injury: Direct skeletal examination showed intact gun shot wounds of entrance in only a few skulls because of the extensive fracturing that is characteristically associated with such high velocity injuries. Skull reconstruction identified many more entrance wounds, but relatively few exit wounds. This is consistent with the ballistic evidence that the ammunition involved in the shootings was a type likely to fragment upon impact, becoming essentially frangible bullets. Radiologic examination of skull bones, including the mandible, demonstrated small metallic densities consistent with bullet fragments in 45.2% (51/115).

In long bones, vertebrae, pelvis and ribs there were defects characteristic of high velocity gun shot wounds. In long bones, these defects typically showed shattering of the bone at the point of impact with longitudinal fractures extending along the shaft. In vertebrae and pelvic bones, concave defects and shattering at the impact site were common. In many cases, evidence of gunshot injury was undoubtedly obscured by postmortem skeletal damage. Small bullet fragments were identified radiologically in 23.3% (12/52) of the post-cranial material examined. Many clearly identified gun shot wounds showed no residual bullet fragments radiologically.

b. Crushing and fire/heat damage: Few skulls were intact, and only 5.5% of the long bones were sufficiently intact to determine diaphyseal length. As described above, there were extensive skull fractures related to the gun shot injuries, with further fracturing due to the combined effects of the fire in the building, the collapse of the roof and the destruction of the walls. The fire was not uniform, being intensely hot in some areas of the room, but showing relative sparing of other portions. This was reflected both by the burn pattern at the crime scene and by the distribution of burning seen on the skeletal remains. Charring of clothing was common, and typical charring and fire fractures of skulls and long bones were noted. There was total destruction of the distal portions of the extremities in many of the victims due to severe postmortem burns. Subsequent to the fire injuries, the weight of the roof tiles and walls of the building produced further postmortem damage to the bodies. It is probable that some young infants (less than X year) may have been completely cremated (based on the lower than expected number of such children recovered), but we can not determine the number.

3. Based on the minimal evidence of postmortem insect activity and lack of evidence of other animal scavenging, the deaths were relatively contemporaneous with one another, and the subsequent fire and burial occurred following a relatively short postmortem interval.

4. The specific cause of death could not be determined in all cases because of the absence of soft tissues, the extent of postmortem skeletal damage and the long postmortem interval. Some of the victims might have been strangled, stabbed or suffocated. However, we found no evidence of cutting or stabbing wounds in the skeletal remains, nor of the type of comminuted, depressed skull fractures common with indicted blunt trauma injury to the head. We have no way of determining if any of the victims were alive at the time of the fire.

5. Two hundred forty five cartridge cases recovered from the El Mozote site were studied. Of these, 184 had discernible headstamps, identifying the ammunition as having been manufactured for the United States Government at Lake City, Missouri. Thirty four cartridges were sufficiently well preserved to analyze for individual as well as class characteristics. All of the projectiles except one appear to have been fired from United States manufactured M-16 rifles; 24 separate weapons were identified, consistent with at least 24 individual shooters. The distribution of the cartridges and projectiles, the pattern of projectile damage to the floor of the convent house, and the specific association of projectiles with the skeletal remains clearly demonstrates that the shooters were firing from within the house, from the doorway, and probably through a window to the right of the door. Some of the children may have been shot outside the house and subsequently dumped inside, but sufficient rounds of ammunition were fired into the house to account for all of the deaths.

6. There is no evidence to support the contention that these victims, almost all young children, were involved in combat or were caught in the crossfire of combat forces. Rather the evidence strongly supports the conclusion that they were the intentional victims of a mass extrajudicial execution.

All of the above opinions are stated with a reasonable degree of medical and scientific certainty. The authors of this report are willing to testify in an appropriate court of law regarding their conclusions in this matter.

I'm not advocating the wholesale slaughter of Iraqis. But you can't tell me that the average Iraqi living in his hometown isn't acutely aware of "outsiders" or "foreigners" in his midst. In some cases it may be that this guy is being complicit by agreeing with the terrorists. In others (probably far more) it is out of fear. Unfortunately, it may come down to who he fears MOST.

WE CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIEND OR YOUR WORST ENEMY.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Pheonix.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Liberals hate that School of thr Americas like few other things.  Really fucked up a lot of "peoples' liberation movements" in Latin America, prevented who knows how many nightmares al la Cuba.  They'll never get over that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do people mention El Mozote.  We did not plan/coordinate/support that action.  It happenned before we became deeply involved down there (1983 and afterwards, IIRC).  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#23]
It sounds like a better strategy than what's happening now.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Worked in Malaya too!

A textbook example of a successful counterinsurgency. The example to follow and the formula to apply.

There is no such thing as a textbook counterinsurgency and formula because there is no such thing as a textbook insurgency...  They all differ in their various contexts.  Consider the various difference in approaches between Lenin, Mao, Che, and Guillen...  Malaya worked because the Brits took away the "cause" by granting the Malayans what they wanted - independence.  If it was so successful in Malaya then why don't they apply the same approach in their own kingdom?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#25]
"Strategy" is not a strong point for the current administration.  The previous (denial) was worse, but this administration is quite predicatable in its reactionary decisions.  That works against us right now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hits (assasinations), snatches, roaming undercover teams, etc.

Isn't that what the terrorists have been doing and accelerating for the past year or so?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that what the terrorists have been doing and accelerating for the past year or so?

Yeah, but this time it'd be the US (and UK) doing it to them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't use Maglites, though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Don't use Maglites, though.

Ccar batteries, cattle prods, and a helicopter.

3 tools to effectively 'solve' an insurgency.

Ben
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but this time it'd be the US (and UK) doing it to them.

It's my understanding there is a well devised group from the US out there who don't pay any attention to international law and there isn't a clue of what they're up to, when, where, how.. etc.  Can't remember where I heard that, think it was on FNC.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#31]
GrayFox does some interesting things, as well as the Task XXX forces.  (XXX is a number that changes with various missions, and is comprised by different people from various .mil and .gov people who are very good at what they do)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#32]
When they start getting scared, then they will stop.  Right now, there is no one scared.  If you start hitting them where they live, then you will scare them.  

Unfortunately, our PC society would never approve.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Those tactics never stopped being used, just stopped being paid attention to.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
When they start getting scared, then they will stop.  Right now, there is no one scared.  If you start hitting them where they live, then you will scare them.  

Unfortunately, our PC society would never approve.

That is so true!!
It is frusterating to know that there are those in our midst (libs) that would frown on using tactics that would, in the end, save lives.
Some say that we need to rise above our emeny and not drop to their standards. If thats the case we should rise above with a B52 and glass the place over.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So it's ostensibly being kicked around at high levels of employing tactics used in El Salvador to eradicate the Iraq insurgency at the grassroots level. Hits (assasinations), snatches, roaming undercover teams, etc. Also reminiscent of the highly successful (and controversial) "Phoenix Program" of Vietnam fame. Nicaragua got a taste of it too. It's a "dirty" little program that, if done correctly and seen through, can be highly effective.

Of course the libs are gonna scream about it. "Why, we can't do those things. The horror!"

BULLSHIT!!! Whatever it takes to win. Fuck the "moral high road". Success will not be easy or pretty. If you don't want to see it DON'T LOOK!

Edited to add: The focus will be the Sunni rebels. CIA and SF types teamed up with Peshmerga and Shiite operatives for a little throat slitting and general mayhem in the bad guy's own backyard.

Can anyone elaborate for me on what other than an (sniper, snatch grab and shallow grave)assasination constitutes a PHEONIX OP???
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#36]
"Why do we have to kill them [terrorists] ? Why can't we just throw nets over them...you know, like the ones they use on lions and stuff?" --- clueless 20-something bimbette (overheard in a coffee shop yesterday)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
"Why do we have to kill them [terrorists] ? Why can't we just throw nets over them...you know, like the ones they use on lions and stuff?" --- clueless 20-something bimbette (overheard in a coffee shop yesterday)

Are you kidding?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Are you kidding?  

I wish I was, but no.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I hate to say this, but a few dead insurgents found sewn into pig carcass es
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I hate to say this, but a few dead insurgents found sewn into a pig carcass would not hurt our cause.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:37:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. Beat them at their own game.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:42:59 AM EDT
[#42]
It's plainly laid out in "Devil's Guard".  It worked there.  It'll work in Iraq.  The only question is will the army get the opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#43]

some lake city match from a 1000m seems a bit more cost effective.

On another note:  If these ops need to be done without the liberal media's eyes there is a very simple solution.  A small team dressed as reporters/ camera men going around poping insurgents, soon the insurgents won't be so comfortable around these cameras that are recording their attacks and it won't be safe for the media to follow our boys around.  You know there has to be some reporters out there trying to get the story from the other side, and not passing the whereabouts on to our military.
rant over

Polytech
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

some lake city match from a 1000m seems a bit more cost effective.

On another note:  If these ops need to be done without the liberal media's eyes there is a very simple solution.  A small team dressed as reporters/ camera men going around poping insurgents, soon the insurgents won't be so comfortable around these cameras that are recording their attacks and it won't be safe for the media to follow our boys around.  You know there has to be some reporters out there trying to get the story from the other side, and not passing the whereabouts on to our military.
rant over

Polytech

Actually that's one hell of an idea! Of course it would only work for a short time until they got wise to the fact that a visit from a reporter shortly thereafter led to death!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#45]
do it
do it now
do it

take out the assholes and get that country squared away so our boys can move on to Syria, Iran or come home
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
do it
do it now
do it

take out the assholes and get that country squared away so our boys can move on to Syria, Iran or come home

Yeah, maybe next time we can squelch an insurgency BEFORE it gathers momentum. Whether it's by treating the population as hostile until proven otherwise or by being a little more on top of things afterwards (by quickly smashing any resistance and keeping a tight hold of the reigns). Hopefully we've learned a lesson in how NOT to conduct a post-war strategy. Fuck PC. Do what needs to be done and to hell with the whiners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top