Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 11:31:07 PM EDT
I read soewhere that I do not have to but it was not a Ford or Amsoil source that said it. I dont want to ruin $35 in gear oil by adding something that might contaminate or change it.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If you bought the motorcraft "ford" synthetic gear lube for your truck it already has it in it.
The ony way to make sure is ti get the serial # off the rear end and see what type of lube and additive is required theford parts department at the local dealer should be able to tell you what you need
Good luck
BIG

PS why are you changeing your fluid I have had 2 bad pinion seals so far but I tow alot of heavy stuff
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as I am aware, friction modifiers are only needed with posi-traction or lockers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Installing a new Limited slip.

BTW, just found on the Amsoil site that the FM is not needed. Will try it without it. If it chatters I'll add it.

S.O.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top