Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 10:57:18 PM EDT
Neighbor works nights and sticks his god damn dog (Rottie)outside on the chain. He has a heated (light bulb) dog house but sits at the sliding glass door and barks non-stop.
What would you do about it??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Not gonna say it to keep from starting a shitstorm, but it would be good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Animal control? BB gun? Subsonic .22LR? Anti freeze?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Go and talk to him and see what you 2 can work out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell your neighbor that his/her dog has been keeping you up at night and that you intend to return the favor by demonstrating your a-capella and rap singing skills in thier front lawn.

Fuckers.  They need to keep thier animals under control.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing yet.  It's only been two nights.  Most dogs do that.  Just get used to it if you're going to live close to people that have those animals.z
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not gonna say it to keep from starting a shitstorm, but it would be good.

I'll say it, someone has to.

Just call the cops!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Animal control? BB gun? Subsonic .22LR? Anti freeze?

you took my thought!!!!

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Bark back..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Walk on over and talk to him about it.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+ 1 and if that dont work call the  POLICE .22lr sub sonic
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
um, here's a crazy thought - TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOR. SAY 'HI'. Tell him abou tthe problem and ask him to come up with another solution that repects YOUR right to sleep in peace SO YOU WILL KEEP RESPECTING HIS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
um, here's a crazy thought - TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOR. SAY 'HI'. Tell him abou tthe problem and ask him to come up with another solution that repects YOUR right to sleep in peace SO YOU WILL KEEP RESPECTING HIS.

That is a pretty crazy thought. Thats almost dangerous talk there.....

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Dogs are easy to train. The smarter they are the faster they learn. Every time the dog barks pop him in the ass with a BB. It won't leave a mark but will get his attention. He will learn that barking = BB on the ass. He will stop that nonsense pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Chocolate coated Tylenol
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Neighbor's dog has kept us up the past 2 nights. What would you do??    

Make it part of your pack and tell it to STFU !
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

NEVER speak to the owner about the problem. They do not care, or the situation wouldn't be what it is.
When you have to act you'll be suspect number one.
One word of advice, if you aren't gonna send him to doggy heaven, if you do a "snatch and drop", don't get in a hurry. Make sure you remove the collar, and hope he doesn't have a chip...and go far, far away.
Nothing will piss you off more than being notified the animal has come back by barking at 2am.
I know from experience.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Two words:  Pellet Gun  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Super Bark free

Works for me and my dogs:

"Can't get your dog to stop barking? Is your neighbor's dog incessant barking keeping you up at night? You can put an end to all that noise once and for all with the Super Bark Free training device. You can live bark free and be happy. The Super Bark Free is a harmless training device that controls dogs barking. No physical harm or harmful shocks are emitted to your pets. The Super Bark Free saves you time and energy from training your dogs yourself, and without offending your neighbors as well. Soon, Fido will understand that he is not supposed to be barking.

The Super Bark Free works by emitting an ultrasonic noise every time it senses barking dogs. Super Bark Free has a specially designed sound selector that lets you choose ultrasonic frequencies which can only be heard by dogs and cats, or lower sound tones audible to human ears. Both sounds have been shown effective in training dogs to stop barking.

A good watchdog is a dog that only barks when someone attempts to enter your property or there is imminent danger (house fire, snake in the yard, etc). Because Super Bark Free is not incredibly unsettling to your dog, it will only stop nuisance barking and will never deter your dog from emergency barking.

So teach your dog the right way with the Super Bark Free training device and stop living with nuisance barking. You may even curb your neighbor's dog from barking too! Just place the device wherever necessary and watch the animals respond.

The Super Bark Free is the most effective, unobtrusive bark control device in the market today. No need to worry about attaching a big collar to your dog which he or she won't like. Just place the Super Bark Free within a 25 foot radius of your dog or neighbor's dog. It is recommended to place it about 2 to 4 feet high, depending on the size of the dog, and face it towards the dogs path. Any type of obstruction which could deflect the sound may lesson the effectiveness of the device.

Super high power DUAL speakers
Audible and ultrasonic frequency settings
Audible test button
Wall-mount bracket for indoor and outdoor use
Water resistant vinyl cover for additional outdoor protection
Adjustable Bark Selector, 1 bark, 2 bark, 3 bark 4 bark
Sensitity Slide Level
Attachable target dome,targets bark control
25 ft. radius coverage area
Battery Operated, 4 "D" batteries "
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Tannerite?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you know the guy I'd go over and tell him what's up, odds are he'll do nothing about it and you'll end up going to step 2, which is reporting him to the dog control officer. After a certain number of barking dog complaints he'll probably get something like a $ 50 fine from the city. They might eventually make him get rid of the dog, but that usually takes forever.

+1 Where I live they won't fine them but take their dog away. My neighbors are pissed at me because I have had to do that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#26]
that's it for this one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top